Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Escape chugged right along though all the way to work. I bet I have a foot of snow on my road and the other roads just getting to college ave (which is what I take all the way to work) The best part was that there was absolutely no traffic half way there going north on College :rockon: Once I got up to about 75th St is where I started following people...luckily all 4x4 vehicles so they were moving right along (I came from 54th St). Up closer to work I drove through some subdivisions that haven't been driven in yet to test out the new tires. Damn glad I bought these tires! Not one ounce of trouble!!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think we're getting hit by that same storm. We got 2-3 inches overnight and we're looking at 1-3 more during the day. I didn't have any trouble getting in, but traffic was terrible. The stock Michelins on the 09 don't have any trouble with the snow. I was initially worried because they are designed for fuel efficiency, but they handle as well as the Goodyear Assurance tires that I had on my Volvo.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock Conti's on the previous years suck in the snow! Soo glad I bought my Firestone Destination A/T's!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Thanks for the snow pictures Scott. We are both experiencing total opposites in climate. Down under is the extreme heat wave. :shades: In your country, it is the other extreme of weather. :frozen:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Ok, just how much does it take for a BUTT LOAD? Does it also depend on the size Butt or Gender? I am PURPLEXED :shrug: :worry: :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:doh:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
We got about 3-4" of snow from the same storm but it turned to rain around 10am. What a mess. What's left of the snow is very, very heavy. Slush everywhere. The roads are flooding everywhere because the snow/slush is covering all the drains. Very easy to have the direction of your vehicle changed if you hit the slush wrong. This is the kind of winter storm that really sucks...

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Scooter Scott said:

The Escape chugged right along though all the way to work. I bet I have a foot of snow on my road and the other roads just getting to college ave (which is what I take all the way to work) The best part was that there was absolutely no traffic half way there going north on College :rockon: Once I got up to about 75th St is where I started following people...luckily all 4x4 vehicles so they were moving right along (I came from 54th St). Up closer to work I drove through some subdivisions that haven't been driven in yet to test out the new tires. Damn glad I bought these tires! Not one ounce of trouble!!! :yahoo:
I knew there was a reason I moved South!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frozen: :frozen: :frozen:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Surfscape said:
Actually JJ it is only a butt load until it is released into the atmosphere... once it hits the ground it becomes a $#!t load of snow. Of course then it is alot harder to tell much about its origin.
:lol: :clap:

·
Registered
327 Posts
we are covered in snow as well. Plenty of down power lines and fallen trees and tree limbs. We actually have more ice tha anything tho. The escape just ride right thru it all!!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
We got about 4" of snow in the northeastern 'burbs of Buffalo. Driving isn't bad at all.

So it was only a medium-sized load.

:bill:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I guess I have to say it again... oh, boys :lol:

Scooter I'm so jealous! It's just cold and rainy here. Those pictures are awesome too, what a perfect blanket!
I'm cold just thinking about it though! :frozen:
We haven't had substantial amounts (1/2"+) in probably 2-3 years. Last time there was anything was spring break '07, but I was in sunny Florida :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
My snow is bigger than your snow. :tease:

Oh, and I was in shorts when I took these pictures. :)P

·
Registered
267 Posts
yea i just cleaned off the driveway and sidewalks. glad i have 4x4 on my escape!!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
This thread makes me kinda miss being up north. Snow is soooooo fun to play in!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's all I have been doing since I got off of work. It's now 5:46PM EST and I left work at 3:45PM EST :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wingsfan said:
we must of got cliped by your storm, only got an inch if that, bought time :lol:
Weird. Downtown Detroit had four inches actually on the ground by 7am. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I'M SO JEALOUS!! ME WANT SNOW.....not the sucky ice we got last night.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts