Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally found out about Weapon R Intakes, now i need to know which one is better the dragon or the seceret weapon? Let me know wat u guys think.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I have a secret weapon I wasn't a big fan of the dragon, just cause it reminded me of a ricer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I think we can clearly see the visual difference (DUH).
He is asking if there is any physical difference between the two...
I was asking myself the same question...and this is what I think:
It is just a different filter setup. The Secret Weapon has a "velocity stack" on the end, which also allows you to mount their "ram air" tube right onto it. The Dragon has no such provision. You would have to install their heat shield to attach their "ram air" tube.
My biggest concern is the foam filter media. The product manual on their website states "Recommended Air Filter Cleaning Intervals: 3000 Miles."
That is more often than I change my Mobil1 engine oil. They want $9 for cleaner solution and $15 for a cleaner/oil conditioner kit.
B.S.
Problem is that this looks like the only full intake system available for my GF's 2002 2.0L 5-speed. The AFe is only a factory airbox delete with an adapter plate for a cone filter.
Neither is CARB approved, by the way. For her, that might be an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.