Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody purchased and used Weapon-X COP's.I'm trying to gather some data on RFI feedback into the PCM and looking for real world data.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

·
Registered
679 Posts
What is it?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I didn't know what they were either so I looked them up... They are high performance Coil-on-Plug ignition coils.

I haven't seen these before and I haven't heard of anyone using them on their Escapes...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure your all aware of COP's failing and taking out Catalytic Converters and PCM's.Weapon-X is aan aftermarket COP that does away with the spring connection to the plug and attaches directly to the spark plug.Removing the spring allows Radio Frequency Interference to be reduced.With the RFI reduced,you should have fewer PCM glitches and failures.If you remember back in 2005 MY, Ford had a TSB about spark plugs taking out COP's and PCM's due to excessive RFI.I understand the method that they operate with and was looking for some feedback before I plunk down $350 for a set of 6.I'll put a link to there site so you can readup on them if you choose.

http://www.weaponxperformance.com/techn ... CAL_V1.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts