Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my front and rear digital floor mats and they look great! They were a little expensive at $177.00.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the Weather Tech Digital Fit floor liners for the front and rear passenger areas of the Escape. They have been installed since the truck was brand new. Which at the time of this post is a little over 5 months. I also have digi-fits in my Jeep Liberty [front only] - the ones in the Liberty have been in use for 2 years so far.

Review:

Color Matching: The Escape Interior is Black. So the floor liners match perfectly! It's pretty hard to screw up black though. In the Liberty, the interior color is grey and the floor mat color is off just slightly. Not aweful looking what so ever but you can notice the difference. Perhaps if I had bought the floor liners when the KJ was brand new, the colors would have matched up better [UV fading of the carpet.]

Fit: The fit is perfect in both vehicles. Overall installation is a breeze. The mats drop right in and use the existing factory anchor point for the drivers footwell area. On the Escape, I do have to raise the drivers seat to get the liner to drop under the seat frame. It doesn't effect useage or fit, but it is something I noticed on installation.

Function: With the raised lip, the floor liner catches and holds water, debris and other grime and keeps your vehicles carpet clean. Debris can still sqeak between the liner and lower rocker trim when you are getting in and out of the vehicle, but not much falls between the gap, which is small, so a simple vacuum keeps the carpet very clean.

Cleaning the floor liners is very easy as well. Simply remove from the vehicle, empty the dirt from the liner, wash with some warm soapy water and dry with a towel. If they are greasy, a bit of diluted grease cutter and warm water will restore the finish to brand new in less than 2 minutes.

These liners keep snow and road salt from staining your carpet and help to keep your vehicle looking newer, longer.

Durability: This is where price comes in... These puppies last! In the Liberty I was using a set of Mopar All-Weather floor mats about once a year and then I'd wear a heel mark through the thick rubber by the pedals. This always allowed salt and water to seep into the carpet. But with the Weather Tech liners - I have yet to wear a whole in the drivers liner after two winter seaons. Had I known about these liners back when I bought the Liberty, I don't think my carpet would be so aweful looking today. So, costly yes... Initially. But in the end these floor mats are very much worth it becasue they last much longer than a standard set of floor mats and save you money from paying for carpet cleaning at detail shops.

Overall: These mats are above average and worth every cent.

[Pictures coming of the liners installed in the Escape this weeked or when I get a spare moment]

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
At $177 a set I'll stick to my analog floor mats for now :lol:
A visit to the coin-op vacs once in a while keeps em' nice.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well said Sleeve....

I installed my and the beige is somewhat darker then the 2010 interior. Having said this, it does not factor into how pleased I am . The fit very well and at $177 it is worth the investment over a 7-10 year period. Next up....3M clear bra for the bumper, hood and mirrors.

Oh...and for those looking for pics......it wont happen any time soon! Sorry.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i have them as well in black and they are awsome!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I AGREE with everyone here. I have pics on my CARDOMAIN but I dont have it noted. But anyways I have tan interior and and THE AMOUNT OF DIRT AND GRIME that gets on the floor mats are nasty. I am glad that I installed the floor mats rather than all that stuff get on carpet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got the cargo area mat for my 2010. The mat color is much darker than my camel interior. Interestingly enough, it matches the light brown color of the dash, so it works overall. Ties the different colors of the interior together nicely. I am planning on ordering the floor liners for front and rear with my next paycheck!

·
Registered
679 Posts
i got all 3 front back and cargo, just awsome!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2010Escape said:
Well said Sleeve....

I installed my and the beige is somewhat darker then the 2010 interior. Having said this, it does not factor into how pleased I am . The fit very well and at $177 it is worth the investment over a 7-10 year period. Next up....3M clear bra for the bumper, hood and mirrors.

Oh...and for those looking for pics......it wont happen any time soon! Sorry.
Follow up....mats are very good. My only complaint is that excess water pools (from all the melted snow) and at times drips through where the grommet (clip) is on the drivers side. I use a paper towel/rag to soak up the excess periodically.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have them in my 05 Hybrid and valued them highly during the winter months. No longer does the snow melt go into the carpet and soak/rust out the floor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too got the black Weather Techs a few months back and have to say the mats fit great. I like that the drivers side covers most of the area where your left foot sits while driving. The cargo liner has a few areas with gaps, but overall a pretty good fit.

We've been below freezing here (Chicago area) since Christmas up until a few days ago and have had at least 3 good snowstorms. Just took this pic of the crud collected since then...eewwww. Been keeping the outside clean, but neglecting the inside.

Pulled the mat for the first time and was pretty imperssed with what little got underneath, no vacuuming or picking up anything:

This corner is a bit raised up due to the side piece that 'flows' onto the floor

·
Registered
102 Posts
I drove over to their main headquarters in Downers Grove, Illinois last week and picked up a pair of gray ones for my fronts... came out to 109.00 after tax, and it was totally worth it. If you guys are thinking of buying these, go for it... Its been raining alot here the past few days and melting snow everywhere, and these things just hold everything... the carpeting underneath wont ever be touched again :thumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
The mats on Weathertech web site now show they cover the front mat door sills. Mats found on ebay seem to be the older style.

Nice improvement. I just bought some 1 year old ones that do not have this feature and not sure the discount will be worth the lack of this feature.

I had wondered how much gets in under the mat from the gap. The one photo posted here is hard to tell.

If there is any other feedback on how much dirt gets in that crack, feel free to pass the info along.
I guess I would be more concerned about rain or snow getting in the space and under the mat, and then have trouble drying out.

BTW, you leave your original mats under these or remove them?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have a 2005 Escape that has been using WeatherTech digital floor mats since the first month of ownership. My carpets do not have any discoloration or signs of wear. You do not keep the OEM mats under the WeatherTech floor mats.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
mstar said:
Did you mean 2008 hybrid? I did not think the 2005 they had a hybrid or front look as in the photo.
Ah, yes there was a 2005 Hybrid. HybridArchitect has one, he bought it new IIRC.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts