Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the weathertech stone and bug deflector. The site claims it's no drilling, which I'd prefer, and in bhe site picture it barely shows...which is preferable.
My 09 is black pearl slate, so I'm thinking it won't stand out too much.
Anyone else have opinions on it?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I say, "Just say no to bug deflectors." :bill:

Sorry, you asked for my opinion. :shrug:

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I was looking for a bug deflector I found most stood too tall for my liking. Found another brand and it sat too low. Went with the Ford factory unit and it was just right.
Regards,
Goldie Locks

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
G.L. Your a funny girl! :hyst: :hyst: :clap: :peace:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
SprinterX said:
When I was looking for a bug deflector I found most stood too tall for my liking. Found another brand and it sat too low. Went with the Ford factory unit and it was just right.
Regards,
Goldie Locks
:lol:

Ours came with the Ford unit (previous owner), we like it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This weathertech one isn't too showy..that's why I choose it. What I was more interested in was the mount options..being no drill..may use sticky tape? Wondered how well that would stand up. Here is a picture of it..

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Sticky tape is good for temporary installations only, imo. Eventually the heat and rain will get to the adhesive and away she goes......!!!!!!!

Not really, probably just rattle around on the front edge of the hood.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Washed and waxed the Escape on Saturday (in preparation for the up coming rain? :wall: ) and so I removed the bug guard to do it.

For whatever help it maybe... ours is held on by four screw type clips that use some stock holes under the front edge of the hood. Then on top of the hood are four small rubber spacers/bumpers that are held on by a pretty tenacious adhesive. These are under the bug guard to add stability I suppose.

(Over all the Escape looked great after I was done. The freshly waxed Red Fire Metallic is stunning in the late afternoon sun. Sorry no pics as we are cameraless for the moment.)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The wife's sister has this sort of thing on her car in Denver. It looks OK. Looks different from the painted surface for sure, but from a distance you can't tell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts