Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, after numerous (ahem) heated discussions between management and myself, I have been moved (in their eyes demoted), to driving the local airport carpark shuttlebus on a 4 days on, 4 off shift.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

This now means that I no longer do 12+ hours per day, and have to look after a large executive coach.

Yep, I now drive a 16 seat Iveco minibus going from the terminal building to the long stay car parks.

Am I upset/annoyed at this, well no, as now I know exacty what days I'm working, how long for, and I don't even drive on the public highway, no more late finishes, traffic jams etc .

: OK, no more filming work at the moment, but that will change soon :calvin:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,620 Posts
Congrats on your new assignment Camus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
NO CIG FLIPS NEAR THE JET FUEL, PLEASE!!!

:shock:

Oh, and congrats!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
We're happy as long as you are happy... :thumb:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thanks for all the comments, must admit that doing this is great.
the total journey length is 1/4 mile, never get higher up the gearbox than 2nd, but the fact that I no longer have to worry about traffic jams, planning routes to destinations etc is great.

In fact, the job is a great stress relief one, and the 4 days off is brilliant.

but in response to JP's comment, the entire airport is a no smoking zone, so we have to go to bus stop 3 to have one, as it's the only place at the airport NOT covered by cctv.... :whistle: :angel:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So what's your max speed in the 1/4? :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.