Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Stainless Steel

Votes: 3 13.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to install a westin bull bar on my new 2009 limited :yahoo: .. so i'm talking a poll .wich one you think will look better on,the black with a brushed stainless insert or the all chrome or Stainless Steel.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Hi there GenX and welcome to the City !! :welcome:

I'm going to think about this and then I will vote.

Very happy that you have made your first post ! :thumb:

Please keep them coming ! :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
if you're talking about the black bullbar from westin, its not a chrome insert. it's a brushed stainless insert. i posted a pic of it on my truck somewhere around here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks to all who welcomed me to this board :blush: .Colleen, i'm visiting Mrtle beach this summer and i'm working on going there a week in march for some golf :yahoo:
i can't wait .

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
chrome cause its black!!!! any other color and i would have said black.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
You will love Myrtle Beach! :yes: We usually head there at least once a year.

Your avatar is awesome !! :thumb:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Honestly I think an all-chrome one would look funky because of the chrome on the front of the grille. I think a black one with a stainless-steel insert would look best. It's hard to say because the black might blend in, but I think the steel would highlight it. It'd be nice if we could have some photoshopping going on to see :yes: :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Spark757 said:
Honestly I think an all-chrome one would look funky because of the chrome on the front of the grille. I think a black one with a stainless-steel insert would look best.
I'm with Sparky on this...

·
Registered
231 Posts
you've got the chrome appearance package on the front of that truck. adding a chrome or stainless bullbar would be too much. i see it on a daily basis with some people @ my store. too much shine can be a bad thing. subtle accents like door handles, mirror covers, vent visors are ok to add... but take it easy.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I choose the black and stainless. Your in Michigan, and things rust. The black can be repainted in your driveway. Chrome will rust after a few years and look like the sh*ts...

All stainless on a Limited might look out of place, imo. Best choice to me is the black and stainless. :peace:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yaa , i like the black with the insert , i had a full guard on my old 2000 explorer
i did paint it every 2 winters , the winter here is very harsh .i priced it already -$395 installed .

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Install it yourself! Won't be hard at all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts