Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife is pregnant with our second child, a little girl. We're both excited, however, the more I think about it, the more I get nervous. Boys are boys. The only thing I'm worried about with our son is what is he going to jump off of next. He's pretty much bruised year round from his antics. A little girl though, I'll be beside myself. I have no idea what to do. Anyone who's had a daughter, what is it like? I mean, I look at teenage boys with disgust now. I already know I'm going to be overprotective as all get out. What did you do when you found out you were having a girl?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
---You are soooo lucky. One of each.
Let's see, our three girls were no problem when they were little. As a teen, one was a trial, but she straightened out by the time she graduated high school.
Our son was very athletic and pushed the envelope a few times with his Dad.
He loved the bands back then too, and actually broke our toilet near his room
with the vibrations from playing the tapes.
I think your main problem may be jealously. Your son may not like the little
interloper. Read some books or go onto the internet to find out how to deal with this if it happens.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
We raised TWO Girls and it's no picnic. You are always wondering and worrying about them. All you can really do as they grow up is hope and peay that you've installed the right vertues in them. When they know right from wrong you pray that they will make the right decission . Mine are now 40 and 35 and married but I still worry about them every day. It never ends :shades:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I always wanted a daughter, never did have one. :shrug:

We do have a son...

and looking back, God probably figured that is all we could handle. :shock:

I think he's right!

Using that rule of thumb you could ascertain that he figures you can handle a little girl. :calvin:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a son who is 10 and a daughter who is 8. My son didnt have a problem with the addition to the family and actually has stood up for her when he needed to. I remember when they were younger she was his shadow following him around and copying everything he did. It was a big change going from 1 to 2 children but i wouldnt change a thing. :yes:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife!!! :)

Relax! :D

We have one of each and they both grew up to be great kids. We never had any major problems out of either of them. Your son may be a little jealous at first bit that will pass. As far as being overprotective goes, that is normal to a certain degree. It will be quite some time before your daughter reaches her teenage years and starts dating so don't worry about that right now. And besides, aren't you a police officer? No guy in his right mind is going to try anything with a police officers daughter. :lol:

JIMMYJOHN said:
We raised TWO Girls and it's no picnic. You are always wondering and worrying about them. All you can really do as they grow up is hope and peay that you've installed the right vertues in them. When they know right from wrong you pray that they will make the right decission .
JJ couldn't have said it any better. :clap:

You and your wife will do just fine. :yes: Enjoy them while they are young. They grow up way too darn fast. :cry:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I've got a girl (13) and it's my only child. Bring 'em up right and you'll have no problems. From having tea parties (in my full Army Dress Blues) to digging for nightcrawlers to fish with, it's been a blast. The one thing that I've always told her and still do is to.. Do your best in school and have fun! With her first boyfriend I told her... I trust you. If you break that trust you will never get it back and then I will step in and things will be done totally Dad's way. No problems! I have a straight A student and she doesn't put up with any bologna from the boys. She tells 'em I work in the Jail... The last one (he spent the night on the couch) she told him if he moved from the couch he would be shot... mmmmmmmm... the kid was terrorized... :calvin:

Most of all enjoy your time with her. Bath times, just holding her, reading to her, you name it.. JUST HAVE FUN!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
KCCO_773 said:
No problems! I have a straight A student and she doesn't put up with any bologna from the boys. She tells 'em I work in the Jail... The last one (he spent the night on the couch) she told him if he moved from the couch he would be shot... mmmmmmmm... the kid was terrorized... :calvin:
:lol: :D :thumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. My son seems to be pretty supportive actually. He's always asking how the baby in mommy's tummy is doing. He will bring her a blanket to keep the baby warm. He's always been protective of his mommy and seems to be doing the same for his new sister. Just jitters I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts