Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need ideas for black and chrome wheels. There are so many to choose from. I was wondering if anyone has a ford escape with black and chrome wheels. Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine arent Black and Chrome, but the best style I think is 5 spoke on an escape, or split 5 spoke like escapedtroy and myself.

For price, I'm in canada. Usually everything here is expensive, but I got mine for $2100 with falken tires.

·
Registered
836 Posts
mograbow said:
try discount tire. I purchased black gfx or9's with falken tires 255/55- 18....
I am REALLY liking the black wheels on yours. The more I see black wheels and black grills, the more I want them. Very nice.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
mograbow said:
try discount tire. I purchased black gfx or9's with falken tires 255/55- 18....
Hi mograbow.
Presentable tire rims there. :thumb:
Hope you don't mind, but i have been mentally accessorising your escape.
I am picturing some, nice chrome side steps on your car.

Maybe similar to EscapeDtroys " bladerunner " sidesteps.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Love both sets of rims, I dont want to mess with my wheels because I took out a tire/wheel protection plan for 5 years (since they offered a year for free and then discounted price for extra 4 yrs). I already had one flat that had to be swapped for a new tire and i didnt have to pay the 230 for the new one, so I am afraid to buy a new set of black rims/wheels to void that offer.

But they just look so good, that I might have to figure out a way to get something done. Would buying rims affect my tire/wheel protection plan?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I am looking into new wheels as well. I really like the almost-all black look with a bit of silver to break it up. I priced out the following:

Elbrus 106 wheels - 18"
Goodyear LS-2 255/55R18 tires

I will keep the stockers with the Michelins on for winter wheels and have a complete summer wheel set. Both will have the TPMS so I won't have the pressure light in the dash. All said and done with rims, tires, lugs, TPMS, balanced and installed for under $1,500.

I did a quick mock-up. Me Likey....

·
Registered
467 Posts
sinister mob said:
I am looking into new wheels as well. I really like the almost-all black look with a bit of silver to break it up. I priced out the following:

Elbrus 106 wheels - 18"
Goodyear LS-2 255/55R18 tires

I will keep the stockers with the Michelins on for winter wheels and have a complete summer wheel set. Both will have the TPMS so I won't have the pressure light in the dash. All said and done with rims, tires, lugs, TPMS, balanced and installed for under $1,500.

I did a quick mock-up. Me Likey....

Don't forget that you'll have to reinitialize your tpms each time you put the other set on the car...

·
Registered
836 Posts
gbrown69 said:
Don't forget that you'll have to reinitialize your tpms each time you put the other set on the car...
Yep. You are correct. The tire set that I priced includes new TPMS sensors for all 4 wheels. Need to re-program each sensor when they go on. The tire package includes the scanner tool to program the new set. However I don't think that the after market scanner would work for the Ford TPMS units in the factory set. Not sure if/when the stockers go back on if I would have to go to the dealer to have them re-programmed or not. Either way it is better than swapping out the factory sensors every time. Take apart 8 tires twice a year? No thanks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts