Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my interior as far as I know is Medium Dark Flint. The interior color code is N2. I have two tone leather seats and im trying to find out what the two colors are. The center is a light grey and the trim/majority of the seat is dark grey. Now my confusion is what is medium dark flint? Does that mean that the interior is two colors? or is that the actual color name of the darker grey? Maybe its a difference between different model years?

Other Ford Escapes that have the N2 color code have single color seats that are a light gray with door and dash being dark grey and having light gray inserts on the doors. Why does ford have to be so confusing.

My ultimate goal is to spray the door panel inserts to the light grey to coordinate the seats and the trim to make them both two tone.

Here is a picture of my two tone seats and my monotone door on my 2004 Escape Med Dark Flint (N2).

This is a picture of the majority of the Med Dark Flint (N2) Ford Escapes with monotone seats and two tone doors:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
why spray when you can suede? (or something else... because spraying might be more problematic in the long run)

also, can you throw us a picture taken during the day?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Doors are plastic panels, rear seats are vinyl covered, as is the sides of the front seats. The seat surfaces of the front seats are all that were actual leather. I wouldn't spray any of it. Seat surfaces especially. Like posted above, I'd sure look into a fabric covering for the door panels.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only want to change the color of the Vinyl inserts on the door panels. I have a lot of experience with textiles and know that the front seats are leather on the seating surfaces and vinyl on the sides. The rear seats are also leather on the seating surfaces. and vinyl on the side. I have actually removed the covers on all the seats to install heaters. and physically looked at the backings of these materials to confirm this. There is a layer of foam on the backing of the vinyl (white netting)which is on the sides and back. And the leather has a foam backing too that when removed or peeled back you can see a suede leather (back side of finished leather)

I want to spray the vinyl inserts with Vinyl color spray, to match the seat insert medium gray. I would install new leather or vinyl over the inserts but its almost impossible to get the vinyl or leather to stretch properly over curves with out buckling or showing wrinkles on the edges. Being that the company I will be getting the color spray from specializes in vinyl and leather repair(and actually seeing the product used and how well it holds up) I trust it will hold up well on a door insert that never gets any wear and tear. Ive use the spray product to respray a leather steering wheel and seats in my fathers previous car a Lincoln Continental. He used the car for three years after that and it didn't show any wear at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts