Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start this thread off, sooooo........
What tunes do you play in your Maverick / Escape / Tribute??
Here's some of my favourites:
Quite a variety hmmm :)P :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I suppose I could introduce this infamous thread:
I love this forum, but now what I hate..... :stop: :doh: ,
complete with spelling and mathmatical mistakes !!!! :/:/ :stop: :lol:
 

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,585 Posts
I do listen to XM Satellite Radio in my Escape while I am driving.

Normally, I listen to ESPN Radio. For alternatives, I will swtich to the Blues channel or American Standards (Frank Sanatra, Tony Bennett, etc.).

When my social director (otherwise known as spouse) is in the Escape, we listen (with passion) to the 60's or 70's channels. :)^
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
Depends on the mood. I love rock from the 70's and 80's. Some of my favorite bands include: Journey, Def Leopard, REO Speedwagon, Aerosmith, Boston.

Favorite country music includes: Rascal Flatts, Tim Mcgraw, Kenny Chesney.

I laso have sirius satellite radio. I like some of the newer stuff to. Love Daughtry !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgive my ignorence, but what is satellite radio, -\/- we only have fm, mw and digital (through a cable) here.
My prefered radio station here is BBC Radio 2, esp the Terry Wogan show :hyst:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
camusdarrach said:
I suppose I could introduce this infamous thread:
I love this forum, but now what I hate..... :stop: :doh: ,
complete with spelling and mathmatical mistakes !!!! :/:/ :stop: :lol:
Don't be introducing that stuff unless you want to mee The Granny! J/K!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Forgive my ignorence, but what is satellite radio, -\/- we only have fm, mw and digital (through a cable) here.
My prefered radio station here is BBC Radio 2, esp the Terry Wogan show :hyst:
Satellite Radio is subscription based with loads and loads of commercial free stations. Every type of music known and also talk shows, etc. My Escape came with 6 free months. I went ahead and purchased 18 more months at a decent rate. :)^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kiki said:
camusdarrach said:
I suppose I could introduce this infamous thread:
I love this forum, but now what I hate..... :stop: :doh: ,
complete with spelling and mathmatical mistakes !!!! :/:/ :stop: :lol:
Don't be introducing that stuff unless you want to mee The Granny! J/K!
:stop: :stop: :stop: , Please, no, I promise to be a good boy in future! ():) :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
escape08xlt said:
camusdarrach said:
Forgive my ignorence, but what is satellite radio, -\/- we only have fm, mw and digital (through a cable) here.
My prefered radio station here is BBC Radio 2, esp the Terry Wogan show :hyst:
Satellite Radio is subscription based with loads and loads of commercial free stations. Every type of music known and also talk shows, etc. My Escape came with 6 free months. I went ahead and purchased 18 more months at a decent rate. :)^
Ahhh, right.
Over here we have the state owned, advert free BBC radio1 (Loud current dance music), BBC radio2 :yahoo: (easy listening, music from 1960's to present, the most popular radio station here by far), BBC radio3 (classical), and BBC radio4 ( topical discussions, plays etc)
The other stations are independent commercial stations that broadcast in a defined regional area, apart from Virgin radio, which is national, and [email protected]!! :stop:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Yeah, it's like satellite TV.
Our Mariner came with Sirius satellite for 6 months, also, but since the Mariner's my wife's, I hardly ever listen to it since my Focus doesn't have it. So, I usually listen to a lot of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest (they're both from your side of the pond, camusdarrach :) ), AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Weezer, 80's music in general, some country, and sports talk programs.
When I ride or drive in the Mariner, I end up listening to lots of 80's music, NPR, Kylie Minogue, and some other techno/dance music. Luckily for me, I like what she listens to for the most part. I make her change the station when the political talk crap is on NPR though. :stop:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I try not to listen to local radio as there is more talk and BS up until about 10:00 am than music. I just hook up the Ipod if I want good music and no chatter. 6000 songs from the 50's to the 90's and from classic rock to metal and classic country to present day country. I even have some Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, and Dean Martin on there. :)P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
Brian Setzer Orchestra, Off Kilter, Eddie Cochran, Little Richard, Stray Cats
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
I have my iPod loaded with all kinds of music.

I love the 80s (like, totally!)

The Cure
Journey
Tears for Fears
Duran Duran
The Police

Current bands/artists

Evanescence
Gwen Stefani
Natasha Bedingfield
Blue October

Favorite Groups

Guns-N-Roses
3rd Eye Blind
Depeche Mode

Hotties I loved then and will cherish their music forever

Corey Hart
Rick Springfield
Andy Gibb (RIP!)

Ashamed to admit it but okay, I will
Backstreet Boys
N'Sync
Brittney Spears
and ..um.. Air Supply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
This just turned into True Confessions! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dasha said:
I have my iPod loaded with all kinds of music.

I love the 80s (like, totally!)

The Cure
Journey
Tears for Fears
Duran Duran
The Police

Current bands/artists

Evanescence
Gwen Stefani
Natasha Bedingfield
Blue October

Favorite Groups

Guns-N-Roses
3rd Eye Blind
Depeche Mode

Hotties I loved then and will cherish their music forever

Corey Hart
Rick Springfield
Andy Gibb (RIP!)

Ashamed to admit it but okay, I will
Backstreet Boys
N'Sync
Brittany Spears
and ..um.. Air Supply
Depeche mode were great with their early songs, viz enjoy the silence etc, The Eighties produce some great music, viz:
Visage : Fade to grey
Culture Club :Karma Chameleon
Kim Carnes :Bette Davis Eyes
Falco :Rock Me Amadsus
Eurythmics :King And Queen Of America
After meeting, chatting and exchanging phone numbers with Martin Kemp :kneel: whilst at work, I have to say that my favourite 80's group is now Spandau Ballet, esp with their song "true"

Really like Gwen Stefani in What You waiting For, but I worship the KLF, :kneel: for my sins!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stryford said:
Yeah, it's like satellite TV.
Our Mariner came with Sirius satellite for 6 months, also, but since the Mariner's my wife's, I hardly ever listen to it since my Focus doesn't have it. So, I usually listen to a lot of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest (they're both from your side of the pond, camusdarrach :) ), AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Weezer, 80's music in general, some country, and sports talk programs.
When I ride or drive in the Mariner, I end up listening to lots of 80's music, NPR, Kylie Minogue, and some other techno/dance music. Luckily for me, I like what she listens to for the most part. I make her change the station when the political talk crap is on NPR though. :stop:
Hmm, similar tastes in music, this is worrying me now, are we all broadly the same ageband -\/-
At work, we've just got the contract to transport "the Blue Oyster Cult", on their uk tour, my names been put forward as the driver of their coach :stop: :stop: .
By the way, love your car, sadly unavailible over here :(' :(' :('
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
Squishy said:
I listen to my Porsche engine. Vrooooom :play:
What about Staind by Zoe Jane? ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,977 Posts
Zoe Jane by Staind? Haha, you remembered?

It makes me cry and then I can't see the road. :('
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top