Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about changing my 2010 Escape XLS for a XLT, is that a good idea?
it has less than 2 month and less than 700 miles, do you think the dealer would let me change it if i paid the difference??

·
Registered
176 Posts
AmauryJVL said:
I am thinking about changing my 2010 Escape XLS for a XLT, is that a good idea?
it has less than 2 month and less than 700 miles, do you think the dealer would let me change it if i paid the difference??
I'm sure that the dealer wold be happy to take a few more dollars from you. He will most likely point out that you are exchanging a used car for a new one.
What do you feel that you need that your XLS doesn't have?

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
+2

They probebly wouldn't give you what you just paid for that car. I think you're getting a little buyers regret, just enjoy your great SUV and don't worry about what else could have happened.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is it that you want on the XLT that isn't on the XLS? Make up a list of the differences and try and price the parts out...unless you want to make the jump from the I4 to the V6 (I'm not sure what yours is, sorry).

And I suspect the dealer will be happy to do this considering its a used car trade in, and I'm sure their offer will be not what you expect, remember the "off the lot depreciation" will kill you. Plus you'll be stuck with all the new car fees, freight, admin, tax, PDI, etc. all over again. They will not make it easy, or inexpensive for you. :doh:

You'll be spending a couple thousand bucks more, for a slightly better model with a few more features? Thats why I said price them out first thing, you may find spending $1000 on purchasing the XLT tidbits is way less expensive that trying to swap your car out for another.

But if this is a I4 or V6 problem, well...all I can say there is remember the Escape is not a fast car, no matter what engine you have. The difference isn't worth the added expense the second time around if you ask me.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dealer will be more than happy to trade, and take another $10K from you. Just drive it a couple of years, and then trade. You'll still lose, but not as much as the 1st month. I traded an 07 for my current 08.

·
Registered
176 Posts
AmauryJVL said:
Thanks for all the reply, i will stay with my baby :)
Well, it's a nice looking ride.
The other day I was driving my wife's 08 I4 around in the snow and it was a ball to drive and I felt totally safe and in control at all times.
I had to trade up to the XLT for the V6 towing capability otherwise I'd have an XLS also.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Pretty much what they have said. Your Escape is a very sharp looking machine. I'm not sure you would be happy with an XLT unless it was the same color. That blue has alot of pop! :peace:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a xls ford escape and the only difference i see is leather seats and maby a sun roof but since you just bought that escape there gonna make you pay alot more for the xlt.

2001 Ford escape XLS Awd-4x4
Fender flares,
Mudflaps,
brush guard,
reese tow hitch,
chrome trim,
roof rack lights,
decals,
sony xplode door speakers,
running boards,
camo seat covers,
mirror turn signals,