Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed by the Ford Dealership earlier and noticed that they used something maybe like Armor All for wheels to keep the wheels/rims looking glossy/wet? I know Armor All does that for tires so was wondering what is used for wheels/rims to make them look like that? I saw my exact wheels and they looked NICE with that glossy/wet look.

super

·
Registered
34 Posts
The dealership I worked at used a water based shine, which sucked. Silicone based foam sprays are the way to go in my opinion, mostly because they're easy to apply. Some shine products are actually good for the tire... replacing the stuff that article mentions that gets destroyed by UV

Detailing tip - let your tires dry completely before applying a tire shine product, otherwise it makes it easy to sling off and you'll get "dry" spots

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems they put something on the actual "rim" though to give it a wet/glossy look. At least on the silver/polished rims they do.
On chrome rims I'm sure they don't since those are shiny looking already and probably can't hold a wet look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see what you're saying. My guess is either over spray from the tires, or they're just new, clean, and not scratched up yet :shrug:

tire shine + chrome = mess just for the record

1 - 5 of 5 Posts