Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother-in-law own a UPS shipping outlet. Recently a woman who works for him was arrested for having sex with two underage boys from her neighborhood.

She vehemently denies that the incident ever happened, but she was convicted of statutory rape, sentenced to a year in jail, 10 years probation & will always have to register as a sex offender.

The woman is a single Mom with three kids (one teenager & two under 12 years old). My BIL says she was the hardest worker he has ever had in 20 years in business. The two kids this is alleged to have happened with where not little kids, one was 15 & the other 16 years old.

They are now 17 & 18 & apparently bragged to their buddies about the incident & of course word got around.

The woman made the mistake of pleading guilty thinking she would get probation (she had some lame public defender). I have met the local D.A. who prosecuted here & I can't stand the guy. He is the most self righteous sanctimonious jerk I have ever met in my life & to him the law is the law period.......

~John

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I guess the big question is whether or not the incident ever really happened. If it did, then she's stuck with results. Remember, when you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences. If it didn't and the boys made the whole thing up, then that's a different story altogether.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Kiki said:
I guess the big question is whether or not the incident ever really happened. If it did, then she's stuck with results. Remember, when you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences. If it didn't and the boys made the whole thing up, then that's a different story altogether.
Hmm, I was thinking along the same lines.
If the latter is true, could she appeal against the conviction, like you can in England???

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yes. But she will have a problem with the fact that she plead guilty to the original charge. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would do that if the incident NEVER happened or if there were no relationship with the 2 boys. I think there might be a lot more to this story...

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Did her lawyer do anything improper by telling her to plead guilty when she maintained her innocence otherwise? Could that be grounds for a mistrial if it was argued by a new (better) lawyer?

·
Registered
285 Posts
One thing I don't get is, why did the boys put her in jail? When they were called to court they could have simply said "it was NOT rape and WE wanted it." She would have gotten a slap on the wrists with a "your a naughty girl"......atleast in my dream world that would have happend. Oh, and as for the why would you plead "guilty" even if you didn't do it comment. Our justice system is so screwd up that it basically gives you two options, plead guilty and you have the chance to get your sentence lightend or non guilty and try everything in your power to try and fight it but you will still end up losing and get the sentence you were going to get anyway.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
02escape said:
One thing I don't get is, why did the boys put her in jail? When they were called to court they could have simply said "it was NOT rape and WE wanted it." She would have gotten a slap on the wrists with a "your a naughty girl".......
That's not how it works (although it should be). The boys always said it was consensual (are you kidding me, they where thrilled).

The law says it is statutory rape because of their age however (they where too young to legally consent)

Apparently a mother of one of the boys heard the talk & called the Sheriff's office & raised hell.

~John

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Me thinks she is guilty because most teenage boys aren't going to go around bragging about a conquest unless it really is true. The woman pleaded guilty - that never looks good. Sadly, stories like this are becoming far too common.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dasha said:
Me thinks she is guilty because most teenage boys aren't going to go around bragging about a conquest unless it really is true. ................
And what planet are you from again??? :shock2:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
The law is very clear on this...IF YOU ARE AN A ADULT, YOU DON'T MESS WITH KIDS PERIOD!...If it was a man with two teenage girls we wouldn't even be discussing this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MadMax said:
The law is very clear on this...IF YOU ARE AN A ADULT, YOU DON'T MESS WITH KIDS PERIOD.
That's true, although somehow that doesn't seem quite the same to me (& I have both a teenage son & a daughter)

~John

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Corsair771 said:
Dasha said:
Me thinks she is guilty because most teenage boys aren't going to go around bragging about a conquest unless it really is true. ................
And what planet are you from again??? :shock2:
Indeed. Every kid i knew at school would go round bragging they'd "done it". And I'd wager that fewer than 10% had. :worry:

Admitting to being a virgin in school (After around 14/15 y.o) is up there with accidentally calling your teacher Mum/Dad on the embarrasment scale. :lol:

We had a similar case with Gary Glitter who was banged up for paedophilia, (And I'm not defending his actions here, but) The girl was 14 and was fully consenting. I see a definite difference between this action and the actions of a twisted perv who interferes with 2/3/4 year olds.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
jmorton10 said:
MadMax said:
The law is very clear on this...IF YOU ARE AN A ADULT, YOU DON'T MESS WITH KIDS PERIOD.
That's true, although somehow that doesn't seem quite the same to me (& I have both a teenage son & a daughter)

~John
That's true, John, that's why I also said if it were a man with two teenage girls we wouldn't even be talking about this. The law does not make that distinction...

Let's say you found out that both your kids were involved with adults, you probably would be more upset and angry with the guy "who did this to your daughter" right? Now let's say you found out both your kids were involved with adults and they were both MEN...Now who would you be more angry with?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I'm not saying that teenage boys never brag about things that aren't true, esp. when they are trying to look cool in front of their friends. If they were saying this about some female peer, then pfffft...whatever. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But when alarms go off about what they are saying and who is involved, it does need to be taken seriously and not just blown off as "just talk".

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
MadMax said:
The law is very clear on this...IF YOU ARE AN A ADULT, YOU DON'T MESS WITH KIDS PERIOD!...If it was a man with two teenage girls we wouldn't even be discussing this.
You said it! Don't know why this is even a question.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What about the case in Georgia where a 17 year old male was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in prison for accepting oral sex from a 15 year old girl at a party. The girl was a week from her 16th birthday, which is the "age of consent" in Georgia.....I'm not saying he was right, but 20 years and being branded as a sexual predator for life seems a bit excessive...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Corsair771 said:
I'm not saying he was right, but 20 years and being branded as a sexual predator for life seems a bit excessive...
Yea, that was basically what I thought about the case here.........

~John

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
jmorton10 said:
Corsair771 said:
I'm not saying he was right, but 20 years and being branded as a sexual predator for life seems a bit excessive...
Yea, that was basically what I thought about the case here.........

~John
Two teenagers is one thing, but when you involve an adult the dynamic changes altogether. If the woman is guilty, then she made a bad decision to be involved with teenage boys and is now stuck with the consequences of her actions. It's too bad, but there are consequences to our actions.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Gosh, this is such a touchy subject. -\/- I just know that every state in America has different Laws that cover this. As mentioned, we are not talking about a Man/Women messing with 4,8 or 10 year olds here. We are talking about Teenagers!!! Did I have the hots for a female teacher when I was 13 to 17 years old? I'm sure I did. But that was more or less fantasy. But then again, it doesn't mean it never happened.. Here in Michigan, we have a young man in jail for having sex with his girlfriend. He was 17 at the time she was 16. The prosecutor tried him as an a adult (under MI. law) This young man is virtually ruined. Now this prosecutor had plans to run for a higher position. On the platform of being tuff on crime. Yeah, right. Sure looked like the Duke Lacrosse players situation all over again. Only my .02 on this...........

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
This thread got me thinking (which is never a good thing) and I pulled up the local registration for Se* Preditors and guess what. I now here 13 living within a 3 mile radius of my house!!! :(

Now reading what they did makes it obvious some are much worse than others but damn 13! :bang:

I could throw a stone a hit ones house on the next block! :BB2

The others address is the local county park!! You'd think someone would pick up on that but I guess not. :cuss:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts