Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently in Motortrend's WOT section of their website, they added a blog/forum topic asking people to think about what they would buy, besides what they own now, but in terms of if they could only buy a vehicle from the brand they dislike the most. They also asked that people mention what their current choice would be, if they could buy something other than what they own/drive now.

So, figured I'd start the same kind of thread...

Absolute last choices:

Let me start off by stating that my least favourite brands are Toyota and Honda. If I could only buy a Toyota, I would look for a 2006-2007 Tacoma Sport SR5 (lowrider with the big engine and TRD suspension). If I could only buy a Honda, then I'd look at a 2004-2006 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (the one with the V6 Vtec and 6 MT).

If I could only buy an Asian made vehicle, then I'd look at a Subaru Legacy GT (more luxurious than the Impreza, and still lots of power), or a Nissan Altima SE-R, or Mitsubishi Lancer EVO or Outlander XLS V6 (like the way these look).

In terms of vehicles I'd actually buy, if I didn't want the Escape, then I'd list them in this order:

10. Dodge Caliber SRT
9. Chevy HHR SS
8. 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
7. Pontiac G8 GT
6. 2005+ Ford Explorer Limited V8
5. 2007+ Chevy Avalanche Z71
4. Volvo S60 T5
3. Ford Flex Limited AWD
2. 2006-2008 GMC Envoy Denali
1. 2005-2008 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD

Now, let's see what the rest of you have to say...

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Hmm...least favourite brands...

Mine are Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, and Bentley, in order of decreasing hate.

Hyundai - Hyundai Genesis
Honda - Acura CSX
Toyota - Toyota Matrix AWD
Nissan - Nissan Versa! No, it would be a Nissan Frontier King Cab
Mercedes - Mercedes C-Class AWD
Bentley - Bentley Continental Flying Spur, only because of the name

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
If it were the only vehicle that I could have, it would have to be the F-150. Too versatile to pass up, it's the do anything at anytime machine. :thumb: I currently own one, so if it has to be something other than what I own...Expedition, as base as it can be had. :shrug:

If it's a European brand, imo it should be banished. I prefer not choosing it. Asian brand? Hmm. Maybe a 2004 Honda Accord. Anything newer and your getting into recalls, probelms that have not been sorted out and Honda is denying any knowledge. Same with Toyota and the Camry. Basically, no thank you on any of the Asian brands for that reason. Currently, the factory is trying to back away from problem issues and deny knowledge or support. May as well be GM. :bang:

·
Registered
464 Posts
If I could have any car I think I would have a Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD Manual.
I've always loved the look of them and having the Escape's Duratec 30 in a Manual with AWD and an extra 20hp would be great :D

Not to mention the woodgrain :bang:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I am not overly keen on them, but if it had to be tolerated :lol: would not hesitate in owning these cars: :lol:

Mercedes Benz gullwing model. :drool: :drool: :drool:

BMW 7 series limousine. The BMW early model 635CSI.

The aston martin. :drool:

Bentley. :drool:

The latest Toyota Hilux SR5, with full on accessories. Has to be a diesel. Also the new model Toyota Prado with a diesel motor.

A Mazda 6 fully optioned to the hilt.

The Subaru Impreza, to hoon around in upmarket style.

Audi Quattro.

An early model Jaguar. Maybe late eighties, or one of the 90's decade models. Not keen on the later models. I like their earlier year car designs. Has to be electric everything. Plus obviously the leather and woodgrain thing. :drool: :drool: :shades:

·
Registered
103 Posts
BMW M3 (nice, fast-as-hell luxury car; it'll never happen)
Nissan XTerra (if i didn't care about gas mileage and needed more off-road capability)
'72 Honda AN600 (one day when i have the disposable income)

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Big Chris said:
Well. I absolutely hate Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini & Pagani.

So it'd have to be.....

Aston Martin DBS
Ferrari 599
Lamborghini Murcielargo LP640
Pagani Zonda F

:lol:
Lies! You're disqualified. :mad:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know I have a Mazda and I'm on a Ford forum but for the most part, I can't stand the blue oval :lol: *cringes* Don't shoot me!

If I had to go Ford, I'd probably get the Edge or the Fusion hybrid when it comes out.

I also MUCH prefer Mercedes-Benz over BMW, so if I had to get a BMW, I'd probably get the an X3 or an X5 (the SUVs)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
A Mercury Mariner hybrid....... :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Squishy said:
Big Chris said:

So it'd have to be.....

Aston Martin DBS
Ferrari 599
Pagani Zonda F

You beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Dasha said:
A Mercury Mariner hybrid....... :thumb: :thumb:
What????????

You already have a Mariner! ;-|

Pick something else! :taz:

:D
Umm...okaaaaaay........an Escape hybrid. :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not really that keen on GM right now, so I'd have to say a 09 cts v or a 09 ZR-1 :lol:

If I had my way I'd have a mazdaspeed 6 or a audi rs6

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
jpark said:
Squishy said:
Big Chris said:

So it'd have to be.....

Aston Martin DBS
Ferrari 599
Pagani Zonda F

You beat me to it.
But I do hate them! I hate them for making lovely cars that are totally out of my reach! :(

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Interesting question, models from makers I don't like:

GM - Cadillac CTS (any model with a manual, including V series)
Chrysler - Dodge Magnum R/T (did they make a SRT8? That too)
Mitsubishi - Evo
Hyundai - Genesis coupe with Track package
Mercedes - last-gen C-class with a manual

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
right now, i would buy the 09 F150 crew cab 4x4, 6.5'box. or the same in a f250, and a honda vfr800 interceptor, and a kawasaki vulcan 900 clasic.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts