Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have tried many of them, but have yet to find one that filters out excess diesel exhaust fumes and cigarette smoke from the drivers in front of me. Is there any cabin filter that fits the Escape (2005 mariner) which actaully filters these items?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
"MAX A/C" that is, not the highest fan speed. ;)

Don't let the "A/C" label fool you - you can still set the temperature to blow hot air or warm air, but the compressor does cycle and slightly reduces your MPG. Same thing happens with either of the defrost modes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried any of the charcoal-activated ones?
No, I have yet to find a charcoal activated one around here. Is that what the dealer OEM one is?

Do you have your HVAC set on Max? It recirculates the cabin air, and "does not allow" the outside air in.
Yes, currently I turn the HVAC control to Max when I encounter unwanted outside smells, but I figured the cabin filter should handle them w/o having to turn it to Max...maybe not?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Tried the new Fram Fresh Breeze?
http://www.amazon.com/Fram-CF10137-Fres ... B0010E3JVC

I'm to cheap to try (for the 08 it's more like $95!) :(
Aand only drive for 5min each way, rarely in traffic, I was looking for something to help reduce pollen, kid is starting to have asthma like symptoms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.