Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mileage is you Maverick / Escape / Tribute / Mariner reached?

Mine has just had it's annual MOT test today, and passed with (almost) flying colours..........
The only advisory was for the

[i]"Nearside front anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a ball joint",[/i]

Which only cost me £40 to have fixed at the garage, the part was £10, labour charge was £30/hour :yahoo:

The mileage, well that is 101,693 as I type this.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arbs said:
mine had its MOT last week - just new wiper blades needed :) mileage 31920, still a pup lol
Hey, Arbs, isn't "clocking" a popular pastime in deepest Essex??? :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Our 08 Tribute? Sheesh! For something we were going to watch how many miles we drove it's already headed for 8K (7700) at only 5 months old! :doh: Good miles, none the less.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
141,000 KM needs a new alternator, 2 axle seals, rear diff input seal, engine side cover seal, and a set of stabilizer link kits.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
94,000 km right now. Everything done so far have been maintenance items - brakes, fluids, sway bar links, rotors.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just over 45,000.

Got the 6 year (major) service and M.O.T to come in early December. Bought it in December '05 with 28,500 on it.

Only repair of note was replacing both front axles, as the ABS sensor rings had cracked and you can't get them separately! :wall:

I did a double drain & fill of the tranny fluid at 34,000, a single drain & fill at 39,000 and another single drain & fill at 44,000.

Replaced the front brake pads with EBC Greenstuff pads (Part number 71616), mainly to cut down on the monstrous amount of brake dust on the front wheels from the standard pads.

Other than that, just the yearly service at Ford (Don't really do enough miles to warrant a service every 6 months)

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Just crossed 47,000 miles a week ago. Only 3,000 left on the extended 4 yr/50,000 mile warranty. I haven't used it at all, so it was really a waste of money but it did feel good when I bought it so I don't regret it.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Just over 62,000 miles (about 100,000 km) on my '02.

I'm having a few cold weather issues. The front suspension is squeaking again as are the windows when I roll them up and down. The colder it is, the worse the noises are. Also noticed the passenger side front window rolled up a little crooked last week so I'll be keeping an eye on that. The drivetrain seems to be doing well. The interior is also holding up well. The exterior is too besides all the little dings and scratches.

All-in-all I still enjoy driving my Escape. I just wish it would stop developing so many creaks and squeaks...

·
Registered
182 Posts
stone said:
Only about 86,000 kms on mine. Still a baby and has a long way to go yet. :)
Same thing here! :thumb: It's planned to double that at least... :pug:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Big Chris said:
Just over 45,000.

Got the 6 year (major) service and M.O.T to come in early December.
Well my wallet is lighter to the tune of £350, but it had the major service and M.O.T done on Saturday. (In the U.K, the major service for the Maverick is every 3 years. Incorporates spark plugs as well as some other stuff over the regular service's oil and filters)

Only advisory for the M.O.T was that they say the orange covering of the front indicator bulbs is wearing low, so they don't flash as orange as they should (indicators that flash white are an M.O.T failure). I had a look and can't see a problem, but I may replace them both in time for next year's M.O.T.

Other than that, a clean bill of health. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
So your bulbs have orange peel?

:lol:

Where's my rim shot?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts