Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a 2005 escape XLT here soon and I have a Kenwood DDX6019 that I want to put in it. From what I have read I would have to cut some plastic off to make it fit.

Is this something that I may be better off just going to a shop and have them do it for me? I figure I can at least wire it so I am not paying a whole lot.

Im just nervous with my luck it might be something I would screw up.

Any idea how much it would cost to have something like that done?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ALSO before I forget. Could you guys post some links for me so I know what all I need to get for an install. I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
All of this has been covered very well in quite a few threads already on the forum. Just do a quick search and you should be in business.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I were to have the center piece of trim cut then it would pretty much be ruined and not be able to have any other stereo other than the double din correct?

How much is it to replace that piece if I were to one day sell the car?

·
Registered
758 Posts

A dremel tool is only needed to slightly trim the center console plastic. You can have a local shop install this device. Adding a backup camera during the install is highly recommended.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now as far as cutting the plastic. is it the plastic bezel or is it some plastic that is behind it?

Once everything is taken apart does the unit just bolt in? Does it require the metal sleeve? my last car all I had to do was screw the black dash kit piece into place but with the ford it does not look like it works that way. Does it basically just sit there without being secured? If someone could give me kind of a detailed explanation of how it is installed I would appreciate it.

I just want to get everything figured out before I get the car so I can know what I am going to be getting into.

So far I am going to be getting the wire harness and a dash kit from American international. anything else I might need that I am not thinking of?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I could not bolt mine in. However the center console piece keeps it in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts