Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I placed a deposit down on an 09 xlt and i have to say im extremely excited. I'm trading in my 07 mazda 3 and cant wait to have a car that isnt so low to the ground. I do have a problem though, what the heck should I do until I pick up the car??? I dont have to wait too long as it should be cleaned up by 6pm. A short time compared to how long others have to wait, but i'm pulling my hair out over here. Well hello again to all and I guess im going to go buy some new speakers, amps, and wires for my new car.

Btw heres a pic of my old car. Loved her to death, but im glad to see her go.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Don't do what I do, which is to get so anxious about it that you turn yourself into a basket case.

:tease: :bill:

Congrats, and welcome to E-C!

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
jpark said:
Don't do what I do, which is to get so anxious about it that you turn yourself into a basket case.

:tease: :bill:
Or a ....um...mentalcase ! :lol:

Can't wait until you get your new ride. Please post some pics when you get it. :D

Welcome to the City ! :welcome:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Colleen said:
Or a ....um...mentalcase ! :lol:
:doh:

How did I miss that?

·
Registered
574 Posts
The color of the old Mazda you had is pretty sweet. Also like the vehicle itself.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I almost traded my 05 escape for an 07 Mazda 3 once, but they wouldn't give me a good deal, horrible trade in. Was your 3 a 5-speed? That's the best color for a 3 as well, what a sharp car! You'll enjoy the 09 Escape though, welcome!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys. I loved my mazda. It was an auto since i never learned how to drive stick. The color was unique compared to all the others out there. I think that was the best part about it. It was hard to say goodbye to her tonight, but well worth it. The mazda was too low and i cant begin to tell you how many times i scraped or bent a rim.

The escape is great and i couldnt be happier. It's more practical and i have more room inside now too. I was very impressed with the dealership I bought it from, too. Had me in and out in an hour and they gave me the price I wanted and decent value for my trade.

Im gonna pull out the camera tomorrow and take some pictures.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats! :rockon: I was looking at a 3s Hatchback as well as the Escape...I obviously chose the Escape!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was only expecting rain here in the central jersey area, but it snowed a little so i got to test out the AWD a little. Works great. I took a few crappy pics too. Now its time to research what harness i need to install my stereo since i already ordered the dash kit. Well heres the pics.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
mentalcase said:
Hello everyone. I placed a deposit down on an 09 xlt and i have to say im extremely excited. I'm trading in my 07 mazda 3 and cant wait to have a car that isnt so low to the ground. I do have a problem though, what the heck should I do until I pick up the car??? I dont have to wait too long as it should be cleaned up by 6pm. A short time compared to how long others have to wait, but i'm pulling my hair out over here. Well hello again to all and I guess im going to go buy some new speakers, amps, and wires for my new car.

Btw heres a pic of my old car. Loved her to death, but im glad to see her go.

Your previous Mazda 3 is a beautiful car.
Anyway, congratulations on your new escape.
You are going to enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
It usually takes me a few days/evenings to pull everything out of my trade. Don't give them any aftermarket stereo items, air intakes/etc. Basically, make your trade as close to stock as possible.

Congrats on your purchase. You will miss the handling of your 3, but you'll for sure have more room.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found it funny as I was breaking down the mazda. All the equipment took my days to install, but only a few hours to take out. My old head unit (kenwood dnx8120) is ready to go into the escape but im still a little confused about the install. Make sure to head over to the audio forum if you know about this stuff. Still not sure if i'm going to install my amps, subs, and radar in to this car yet. Im sure I will talk my self into it sooner or later.

I already miss the handling in the mazda, but the ride in the escape is so much nicer. I can actually roll over a bump without rattling my teeth.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
mentalcase said:
Was only expecting rain here in the central jersey area, but it snowed a little so i got to test out the AWD a little. Works great. I took a few crappy pics too. Now its time to research what harness i need to install my stereo since i already ordered the dash kit. Well heres the pics.

Congratulations!. Nice escape. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts