Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you have visited the "What would you change" thread.

If anyone visited this forum they might think, "Why do those people keep their E/M/T? I'd like you to think about this the other way around.

When Ford released the Escape and it's siblings in 2000 the designers had pretty much hit a home run. But lets face it there are things you would never want to change.

I love my E/M/T and would like to change a few things, but if the designers could leave some things alone, what would they be?

Styling: It's cute without being effeminate to guys. Manly, without being too much testosterone for the gals.
Reliability: Across the board, it's one of the more reliable Sport Utes on the market.
Safety: If your going to have an accident in a SUV, and Escape is one of the most safe small utilities.
Design: It has so many nice and neat features, fill in the blank.

Want more?

OK Escape/Mariner/Tribute Lovers put on the thinking caps, what would you keep the same?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The steering response is pretty much spot-on for my liking. Tight enough to feel road texture, but loose enough to palm the wheel in a skid.

Cooling system - it's self-bleeding, what more do you want?

The cruise control buttons are very intuitive, allowing me to easily use them in the dark.

I like my antenna big and tall. I don't like those new cutesy hidden ones on the roof.

Equally-sized windshield wipers - Japanese manufacturers like to get fancy with a 22-inch here and an 18-inch there; with an equal set-up, I can swap the wipers around when one blade rips off from ice.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hmmm... this thred seems very familliar. lol
The suspension on the Escapes is nice, a truck like stance but still well behaved on street and highway. I was pleasantly surprised on my first test drive that it didn't have the roll and bounce I've had with other SUVs.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I like the current ABS system. It is very competent. Obviously you need, a decent set of tires on car. :) :yes: :thumb:
This is my first experience with ABS. Yes, i regard it as quite impressive.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Very efficient use of space, for how short it is it has alot of room in it.
It's a handsome vehicle in my opinion.
Good ride and handling tradeoff, good steering too.
Good towing ability for a car-based platform.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
jonas1022 said:
I'm sure you have visited the "What would you change" thread.

If anyone visited this forum they might think, "Why do those people keep their E/M/T? I'd like you to think about this..............
Funnily enough, I was thinking the same.
Yep, silly things like bolt heads etc ok, but the comments like "it should be longer" etc puzzle me, indeed why buy a car thats not big enough in the first place.

To be fair, the Maverick is a quite reliable 4X4, and roomier than it's rivals, such as the Land Rover Freelander etc, and that was my reason of purchase, plus it's rarity value over here.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Oooohhh, a spooky double post :shrug: :calvin:

[mod]Nobody has to know. What double post? I saw nothing.[/mod]

Hmm, Squishy on the prowl................. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rehctelf said:
Hmmm... this thred seems very familliar. lol
The suspension on the Escapes is nice, a truck like stance but still well behaved on street and highway. I was pleasantly surprised on my first test drive that it didn't have the roll and bounce I've had with other SUVs.
:angel:
Intentionally.
;)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a good and evergreen design, imo. Realize of course that it is goind to be ten years old! And is still very attractive and competitive. :peace:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Things I would keep the same:

1) Drum Brakes - the rear drums have a killer parking brake built into them which is great for steep inclines.
2) The interior Layout is, for me, perfect - There is plenty of room and the driving postion seems natural
3) Pretty much the whole thing is perfect...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts