Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrome Clad 17" rims or Black rims from the sport appearance package?
I'm thinking about switching it but i still love chrome. i like black on black so idk. tough choice! help me out here!

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Both look good but personally I like Black on Black! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I like the wheels on the Sport trimed Escapes. It's black with a metallic ring around it. There are a few wheels on TireRack with a similar look as well as other partially painted wheels. I also saw a set that was black with a red ring that looked really sharp...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Me personally I would not spend the extra money to get a replacement set of OEM rims. I would spend that money and a bit more for a whole new aftermarket wheelset. But if money is the issue and you want to retain the same set of TPMS and tires, then I can see that argument.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Always a fan of chrome!!! It just pops on your black Escape. Black on black is just too much black. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Normally I'd have said chrome..but I just saw these on eBay.....and I like them.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
You you have a pic of the black rims in question? That would help

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
wow what a find on ebay love the black rim with chrome center.

i love it all Oem black with chrome lip, chrome
and bright machine aluminum witch i had.

frenchcanadian

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Here are my ebay rims on my Jetta, they're black with a polished lip and machined stripes on the spokes:

So I guess I'm voting black lol

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Tough call, if you have the chrome grill and bumper then maybe I'd leave the rims. Those black ones look good though!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks dasha!!! :D

and yea it really is a tough call. the chrome looks dominant but sometimes i look at the car (especially at night), and having it look all black looks pretty slick. i could still purchase them but i dont want be switching and spending all this money. the biggest thing for me would be the sensors...i know it can transfer over but to have them programmed again and all that....its almost not even worth it. and yea if i got the black rims id have to swap out the chrome grille.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Idk. I kinda wanted to keep it with original ford parts and not too exaggerated but maybe I'll make them bigger. By the way, your mods look hot. Nice combo

·
Registered
232 Posts
thanks man
got black in 20s mate u wont regret it
i seen a newer one round my way in sydney today blaack on 22s in chrome looked sweet to but chrome isnt my thing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts