Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, one more question about getting my 2003 XLS tow ready. I ordered the hitch this morning, but while looking at various tow light kits I've noticed some say for Escapes with "OEM Tow Package Kit" and some are for without. Whats the difference and what do I look at to tell what I have? Thanks again guys :thumb:

·
Registered
420 Posts
if it doesnt have a factory hitch it probably doesnt have the tow pckg (i dont know that for sure), but the pckg included tranny cooler and wiring harness, maybe an oil cooler but not sure about that either. i tried runnin my vin to find out with no luck, a dealer could probably look it up somehow.

·
Registered
420 Posts
bummer, maybe it had the hitch and was removed, slim chance but who knows...

·
Registered
57 Posts
mr hammond said:
if it doesnt have a factory hitch it probably doesnt have the tow pckg (i dont know that for sure), but the pckg included tranny cooler and wiring harness, maybe an oil cooler but not sure about that either. i tried runnin my vin to find out with no luck, a dealer could probably look it up somehow.
It isn't an added or enhanced tranny cooler. It is an engine oil cooler. It is the sandwich style between the block and the oil filter. The engine oil cooler was part of the factory tow package until 05 when they started putting it on all the V6 Escapes.

My 03 came with the trailer tow package. It includes the engine oil cooler, a hitch receiver, and trailer tow wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts