Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the wheel bolt pattern in the same between my Wife's 2004 X-Type Jaguar & my 2006 Escape??

I'm wondering if the doughnut spare from my Escape would work as a spare for her car??

~John

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
There might be a issue with the offset. Maybe JP has a better answer for this.

·
Registered
464 Posts
jmorton10 said:
Does anyone know if the wheel bolt pattern in the same between my Wife's 2004 X-Type Jaguar & my 2006 Escape??

I'm wondering if the doughnut spare from my Escape would work as a spare for her car??

~John
Sorry if this is a little off topic here john, but how do you like the x-type?
Have you had any major issues with it?
We have a test drive booked for the 2.2L Common Rail Diesel next weekend :wave:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
2004 X-type: 5 x 108mm bolt circle, 12 x 1.5mm lugs, 52.5mm offset
2006 Escape Hybrid: 5 x 114.3mm (4.5") bolt circle, 12 x 1.5mm lugs, 45mm offset

That figures, right?

:cuss:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jpark said:
That figures, right?

:cuss:
Yea, just my luck.. I had a feeling the answer was something like that...........

~John

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tribby said:
jmorton10 said:
Sorry if this is a little off topic here john, but how do you like the x-type?
Have you had any major issues with it?
:
My Wife LOVES these cars, she has owned three of them & we have never really had any issues with any of them.

I work at a car dealer & we buy the Jags fairly cheap at the auctions, they lose a TON of value in the first year of ownership which works out great for me. My Wife's current 04 is a 3.0 with every available factory option & we bought it with 15,000 miles on it for just over $20,000.

The Jags have an awesome warranty that covers everything (oil changes, brake fluid flush, tranny service etc etc etc etc) for five years & we get rid of the cars & upgrade as the warranty expires.

~John

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well thats good to hear John.
As I said we have a test drive of one next weekend with the 2.2L Duratorq Diesel & 6 speed automatic.

Ill post up some pictures to see what you all think.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Tribby said:
As I said we have a test drive of one next weekend with the 2.2L Duratorq Diesel & 6 speed automatic.

Great engine, Same engine that was used in the Mondeo ST TDCi over here. 155 BHP and a shed load of torque.

Think I'd take the manual option though. :)

My friends Dad has a 3.0 Sport X type, and his brother has an Audi TT (185 version). He reckons the X type is waaay quicker than the TT, and a nicer drive too.

Are the 2.2 Diesels 4x4? I think the 2.0 diesel is FWD only.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big Chris said:
My friends Dad has a 3.0 Sport X type, and his brother has an Audi TT (185 version). He reckons the X type is waaay quicker than the TT, and a nicer drive too.

I have driven both & I would definitely agree with that.

~John

·
Registered
464 Posts
Big Chris said:
Tribby said:

Great engine, Same engine that was used in the Mondeo ST TDCi over here. 155 BHP and a shed load of torque.

I prefer engines with alot of low down torque & power. The Escape's 3.0L needs to be revved too hard to get torque/power I feel.

The 2.2 doesn't come in a manual option :( I miss driving a manual.

And i'm not too sure if it is AWD. I'm sure we'll find out next saturday on some backstreets ;)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Tribby said:
Big Chris said:
Tribby said:

I prefer engines with alot of low down torque & power. The Escape's 3.0L needs to be revved too hard to get torque/power I feel.

The 2.2 doesn't come in a manual option :( I miss driving a manual.

And i'm not too sure if it is AWD. I'm sure we'll find out next saturday on some backstreets ;)
Gotta agree with that. I was surprised just how hard you have to work the 3.0 to make decent progress. I've said it before, but my Wife's Fiat Stilo Sporting has a 1.9 diesel, 150bhp, 225lbft torque, 6 speed manual and it flies!!

This one is identiacal to her one, except her one is silvery grey.

I have to be careful whenever i drive it as i turn into a boy racer, I'm gonna and up with a ban if i'm not careful. :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
We saw lots of those in Italy last year. It's really sharp. The last Fiats that made their way to the US were the Strada (Ritmo elsewhere), the X1/9, and the Spider, and I don't remember how long ago that was.

I sure wish our Focus looked like the one Ford is selling in Europe. That car is sweet.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Diesel's have come a long long way over the years.
My Dad's Toyota Hilux Pickup is a 2.8L Deisel. I get really infuriated with the 85 horses under the bonnet when I drive it. It'll go forever and climb Mt Everest in 1st gear, but at the end of the day it still does 0-60 in 24 seconds :wall:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Gotta agree with that. I was surprised just how hard you have to work the 3.0 to make decent progress. I've said it before, but my Wife's Fiat Stilo Sporting has a 1.9 diesel, 150bhp, 225lbft torque, 6 speed manual and it flies!!

This one is identiacal to her one, except her one is silvery grey.

I have to be careful whenever i drive it as i turn into a boy racer, I'm gonna and up with a ban if i'm not careful. :doh:[/quote]

Nice looking car there. I've always been a fan of Fiats.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Tribby said:
Diesel's have come a long long way over the years.
My Dad's Toyota Hilux Pickup is a 2.8L Deisel. I get really infuriated with the 85 horses under the bonnet when I drive it. It'll go forever and climb Mt Everest in 1st gear, but at the end of the day it still does 0-60 in 24 seconds :wall:
I feel your pain. My old '59 Series 2 Land Rover couldn't even do 60. It was governed to 50! :shock:

One year I drove me and my mates on holiday to Cornwall (Far S.W of England). Return journey I did in one go and it was 9 hours!! :doh: I think I overtook 5 cars the whole way. :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts