Car on ugly wheels:

Car on rims*:

*not really, but you get the idea.

m'kay? :/:/

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rims are only the outside part of wheels. The centers, which include the spokes and the bolt holes, are not part of the rim.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm glad someone pointed that out. I'm also glad it was Squishy that pointed it out first. :D
Rims are only a part of a wheel.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Thanks so much for the 'splanation. :kneel:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
cause i like to stir the pot so to speak... we use split rims at work of quite a few vehicles. if i order a split rim, i get a circle with a bunch of holes in it (the assemble that bolts to the "rim") if i order a split rim assembly, i receive a "wheel" how does that work eh.. damn government and their cataloging HAHA

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never worked with split-rim wheels so it is hard to picture exactly what you are talking about. So the "split rim" part is the "outer" ring, and the "split rim assembly" is the inner ring which also bolts to the hub? And the split rim bolts to the split rim assembly to seat the tire?

In this case I would say that someone shortened the term split-rim wheel, where "split-rim" is the adjective and "wheel" is the noun, to just split rim - much like some people refer to beadlock wheels as just beadlocks.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Then and now

house....crib
album....CD
adding machine....calculater
Ice box....refridgerator
HiFi....sound system
tape recorder.....IPod
hub caps...........wheelcovers
wheels..........rims

....Whatever :roll:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wheels...rims...dubz

Stop the madness. :tease:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Dasha said:
My head hurts. :wacko:
Take an alkaseltzer put a soothing album on the HiFi and maybe later they'll be a good movie on one of the three stations on your black and white tube TV....Geez, how did we survive?

·
Registered
367 Posts
MadMax said:
Take an alkaseltzer put a soothing album on the HiFi and maybe later they'll be a good movie on one of the three stations on your black and white tube TV....Geez, how did we survive?
I don't know... How did you survive back in the golden age? :bill: :tease:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Stryford said:
MadMax said:
MY Golden Age?....A joint and Led Zeplin in the 8 track. :)P

·
Registered
446 Posts
MadMax said:
Stryford said:
MadMax said:
MY Golden Age?....A joint and Led Zeplin in the 8 track. :)P
Rock on, Freebird. Rock on...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I think I just got stoned reading this page...

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
It doesn't even look like the hubs are connected to the rims that's tight as hell. Have you ever seen the hubless motorcyles? That's what it reminds me of.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts