Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched from Galeon to Firefox, as Galeon would choke when I opened more than ten tabs. I found this 'hack' to get around the fact that my Outlook Web Access login page told Firefox not to suggest remembering my login information. This should work for all login forms and other fields that have disabled autocomplete. The bar still pops up asking if you want Firefox to remember your password, so you can still decline if you want to.

Code:
* Shutdown Firefox
    * Backup the file PATH_TO_YOUR_FIREFOX_INSTALLATION/components/nsLoginManager.js.
    * Edit PATH_TO_YOUR_FIREFOX_INSTALLATION/components/nsLoginManager.js with your favorite text editor and find the following lines:
      Code:
                  if (element && element.hasAttribute("autocomplete";) &&
                      element.getAttribute("autocomplete";).toLowerCase() == "off";)
                      return true;

On the GNU/Linux version of Firefox 3 Beta 5 this code is inside the private method _isAutocompleteDisabled, on the Windows version of Firefox 3 Beta 5 this code can be found inside the local helper function autocompleteDisabled which is part of the private method _onFormSubmit.
      To let Firefox password manager always remember passwords those "autocompleteDisabled"-methods have to always return the value false.
      All you have to do to achieve this is remove the lines above or comment them out like this:
      Code:
      //            if (element && element.hasAttribute("autocomplete";) &&
      //                element.getAttribute("autocomplete";).toLowerCase() == "off";)
     //                return true;

* Save your changes and close the editor.
    * Restart Firefox - Firefox password manager should now always remember passwords ignoring the autocomplete="off" attribute.

·
Registered
679 Posts
theres fire fox add ons that remember all ur passwords and can export them and import them for u . Password exporter. This extension allows you to export your saved passwords and disabled login hosts using XML or CSV files that can be imported in another browser or computer. I use it and it aleays rembers passwords.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.