Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Where do you set your cruise control at?

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  theescaperoute 
#1 ·
Got this idea after reading Scooters plight. Where do you set your cruise control when you are cruising the open highways?
I tend to set it around 74 to 78 MPH. :spank: Come on, I know most, if not all, are guilty......

#3 ·
:whistle: According to my scan-gauge. 2,000 rpm. The speedometer reads 65 but, the scan-gauge reads 63mph. (when I can). That's the sweet spot for gas mileage & Torque converter lock/unlock. Outside that, I can't use it on I-275 & M-14. You'll get run over by trucks, cars & bikers. Everyone jockeying for an exit or whatever. (talking on phone, etc.) Then I, just go with the flow..........

#6 ·
I actually use cruise alot, in the morning going to work (hardly any traffic) I set it for 55 so I don't speed too much on the highway. Even better, the Navy base police are very strict so I set cruise to 35 while driving onbase (again, little to no traffic, and it's 1.2 miles straight down to my hanger). On the interstate when I'm going out of town I usually set it for 10 mph over the limit, that's about as far as I can stretch it without attracting Johnny Law's attention. :angel:

Basically I use it to stop me from breaking too many laws. :thumb:

#12 ·
I set it to whatever most of the traffic is doing, and I never pace a line of traffic.

That's usually somewhere between 65 and 74 'round here.

Around Sarasota, it's somewhere between 85 and 94.

:lol:

#13 ·
jpark said:
I set it to whatever most of the traffic is doing, and I never pace a line of traffic.

You aint kidding there JP. Those folks in Florida are nuts.

#15 ·
When I was driving back from San Jose to Wilmington, in the states of Arizona and New Mexico I set the cruise at about 85 mph (posted 75 mph plus 10 mph "speedo calibration" factor! :lol: :lol:

Since gas has gotten so expensive, I tend to set the cruise to the posted speed limit. :wall:

#17 ·
weebee said:
jpark said:

You aint kidding there JP. Those folks in Florida are nuts.
...and just guess where all the "nuts" in Florida came from. :shades:

#20 ·
stone said:
I set mine at 100kmh. The state limit for sth. australia averages about 110. My escape seems to achieve it's best fuel economy on 100 clicks. Not sure what that converts to in mph as in miles per hour.
100 clicks = 62.5 mph. Or close enough to it in any case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.