Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my muffler has a small hole in it, and the flange right after the cat before the muffler is rusted and leaking. Thinking this is contributing to my loss in gas mileage.

Either way, I'd like to replace it with a stock catback. But I cannot find them anywhere? All I find is aftermarket Magnaflow, Gibson, etc. setups. I don't want to make my truck loud, my cars are loud enough lol.

Can anyone help me find a place to buy this???

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
You can try a junk yard, bring your own pipe cutter or hacksaw if they let you. If not ordering a new one should be out of the question as the cost would be too high. If all else fails a custom exhaust is called for. I know you said no to that but if you go the same pipe diameter and have them put a "cheap" muffler on, you be back to normal. You have to think if you take it to a Meineke (or however you spell it) a muffler/exhaust franchise. They will do the same to get it back to stock conditon

·
Registered
416 Posts
I recently threw mine out. Sweet Escape, though. It looks a lot like mine.
Honestly, even a setup as radical as mine isn't very loud.
I'd recommend a Borla muffler over the axle and out like normal, for a little performance boost, with a negligible increase in noise, and for about the same money. Just my opinion, however.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theescaperoute said:
I recently threw mine out. Sweet Escape, though. It looks a lot like mine.
Honestly, even a setup as radical as mine isn't very loud.
I'd recommend a Borla muffler over the axle and out like normal, for a little performance boost, with a negligible increase in noise, and for about the same money. Just my opinion, however.
You have Cobra rims on your Escape? Hard to tell in your avatar picture... either way that looks pretty nice!

·
Registered
19 Posts
There should be a few places online selling Walker exhaust. That is the stock set up from a company who makes most of the OE stuff anyways.

·
Registered
416 Posts
synister281 said:
You have Cobra rims on your Escape? Hard to tell in your avatar picture... either way that looks pretty nice!
Yeah, those are '03 Cobra 18x9s.
Thanks man, I'm glad you like it.
I used to have those same stockers that you have, in black, on my old '03 in silver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts