Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I heard the brace isn't much help because the towers are attached to the firewall, but even so, I'm sure there is some benefit when you are pushing it in the turns. If anyone actually finds one made for these cars, could you please help us all out and let us know who makes it and where to find it?

·
Registered
420 Posts
GFsEscape said:
I heard the brace isn't much help because the towers are attached to the firewall, but even so, I'm sure there is some benefit when you are pushing it in the turns. If anyone actually finds one made for these cars, could you please help us all out and let us know who makes it and where to find it?
sorry, i wasted ur time..it was the only company that even listed the escape. i thought maybe it would b a place to start...you know maybe call or email the company, maybe they could help find one

so far some of ur posts on these boards hav been negative, demeaning and disrespectful.

please dont ruin the good vibes escape-city has

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not trying to bag on you. Just trying to say that most of these parts sites these days lure us in with hot-words only to push you off to a parts search engine that doesn't have what you are looking for. In fact, they don't make, stock, or know about anything on their site because their site is just a middle-man for a big supplier.
We can't be suckered in so easily by the first link that says it has what we are looking for. It doesn't help anybody.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
No manufacturer in Europe, USA or Australia until last year I checked made strut tower braces for the Escape...
...But you may easily have one custom made by your local machinist. It is not big deal.
Allow me to add certain facts.
The brace will stiffen your front end, something the McPherson struts with front wheel drive cars do not like in particular when going fast around a bend, (the reason we put strut braces).So after the brace you may find out that changing to coil-overs is a necessity.
I do not write these things to discourage you.I am all for experimenting.
I wish you all the best with your quest.

·
Registered
420 Posts
GFsEscape said:
I'm not trying to bag on you. Just trying to say that most of these parts sites these days lure us in with hot-words only to push you off to a parts search engine that doesn't have what you are looking for. In fact, they don't make, stock, or know about anything on their site because their site is just a middle-man for a big supplier.
We can't be suckered in so easily by the first link that says it has what we are looking for. It doesn't help anybody.
yes, thank you..ur right...welcome to e-c...i jumped the gun

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
christophera said:
musicmankeb said:
Hey guys:

Does anyone know where to find a strut tower brace?

Thanks.

-Kyle
Try these guys:

http://www.robinsonautosport.com/Catalogs.html
Thanks! We all appreciate the effort it must have taken to actually find what the rest of us could not. Gold Stars for you Dude! Now lets all buy one and thank them for making it when others wouldn't.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Dear Administrators, moderators, welcomming commitees, fairwell committees and godfathers of this forum,
Is it possible, for convenience's sake to have a separate heading for suspension issues alone?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
FYI: there are quite a few places in North America that will build the part you want at a fair price. Lots of the rally company's and oval track company's will take the OE and build the crap out of it to make it to whatever type of driving you'd like. Neg point is it takes a long time to have a single piece manufactured, but on the bright side, it is going to last. I'm sure, South America, China, Japan, etc all have company's that will do the same. Probably faster due to the lack of environmental laws.http://www.carreracustomprod.com/home.html
these guys are A number 1..awesome to work with and talk with.
Be sure to speak with Steve

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
megascape said:
SUV, this board has the best mods, I've come across in any auto form..
Now find those pics and post them!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :taz: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Of course they are the best mods.
As for the pictures...Yes dear!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I wish I knew whether that'd fit a 2008+ or not.

It looks like it might.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts