Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an existing system that I had in my 2007 Camry that I am moving over to my brand new 2010 Escape XLT. I swapped cars because I want to use the back cargo area to haul things and to take my dog places. Due to this fact I am not able to have a huge sub enclosure back there. I would also not like to have my amp exposed. Any ideas on where I can mount it? I don't have a very big amp it's only like 12 X 9 and 3 1/2 inches thick.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Under the passenger seat. Your gonna have to take the sirius box out. That's where I put mine.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
zcoleman said:
So I have an existing system that I had in my 2007 Camry that I am moving over to my brand new 2010 Escape XLT. I swapped cars because I want to use the back cargo area to haul things and to take my dog places. Due to this fact I am not able to have a huge sub enclosure back there. I would also not like to have my amp exposed. Any ideas on where I can mount it? I don't have a very big amp it's only like 12 X 9 and 3 1/2 inches thick.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
You can also build an amp rack (and in fact you can build a full sub box and amp rack) in a false-floor arrangement under the factory carpet cover. You just need to pull out the plastic spacer, and make yourself a wood form that holds what you want.

Almost all my installs and build projects for others on this site (and for myself) have been false-floor setups. Maybe one of them will help you as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the posts fellas. I will look into the option of putting it under the seat first. I would kind of like to keep the cargo floor in the back functional.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
zcoleman said:
Awesome! Thanks for the posts fellas. I will look into the option of putting it under the seat first. I would kind of like to keep the cargo floor in the back functional.
You wouldn't believe how much space that cargo floor wastes. You can always make your own cargo floor with simple wood structures. Or fiberglass for that matter.

·
Registered
836 Posts
fourthmeal said:
You wouldn't believe how much space that cargo floor wastes. You can always make your own cargo floor with simple wood structures. Or fiberglass for that matter.
Agreed. I can understand the floor needing to be there, but for non-hybrid models they should make that entire area a storage bin. Even the "wet trunk" box is a waste of space. They should put the jack hardware on one side and have the entire remaining area a storage bin. The only good thing about my configuration is that both amps and all wiring are completely hidden and out of the way under the plastic floor.

I may end up building a false floor this summer. Something I can use and have a cover that flips up and open. I am happy with the sub box that I have, but would like to store stuff in the floor. Maybe something like 4thmeals 1st/2nd build. I want to keep the jack hardware in that location for quietness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello, how can i link amp and audio in 2010 Escape XLS; have you some pic about wires (amp to audio) or an adapter ? thks

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts