Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather has started to get a little more spring like and plans are starting to come together for my summer holiday.
Thought it would be fun to find out what everyones big plans are for this year.
My trip won't exactly be a marathon but should be fun, first there's a family reunion in the eastern townships of Quebec near the border with Maine, then on the way back I would like to spend a day or 2 in Montreal and Ottawa.
In all the trip will cover about 2076kms (1290 miles) and should be about 22 hours of drive time.
I'll be sure to wave to Lord Velveta as I drive by. :hi:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
We are going on a 5 day cruise in June, the Bahamas (Freeport and Nassau). Carnival Cruise Lines, going out of the port in Charleston, SC. Not too crazy about leaving the Escape or Mariner parked there for 5 days so we will take our Dodge Ram Quad Cab. The kids are going with us and since my daughter and I like to pack everything but the kitchen sink :D we will probably need the extra space. We have a cap that we throw on the back.

The Mariner or Escape will probably be making several trips (probably long weekends) to Myrtle Beach this year. My mom has a small place in a campground down there. The internet connection sucks but it's a free place to stay.

My husband and I may take off somewhere for our Anniversary in August. Not sure yet.

And we usually do a trip to Charleston, SC in December. :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'll probably be camping at Land Between the Lakes Recreation area in Western Kentucky all throughout the summer. At best I try to go once a month, it doesn't always work out that frequently but sometimes it does. Lots of dirt and gravel roads there to drive on that aren't usually more than then Escape can handle, but not so smooth a car would be comfortable on them. I may also try to do some camping in southern Illinois area as well.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Airmapper said:
I'll probably be camping at Land Between the Lakes Recreation area in Western Kentucky all throughout the summer. At best I try to go once a month, it doesn't always work out that frequently but sometimes it does. Lots of dirt and gravel roads there to drive on that aren't usually more than then Escape can handle, but not so smooth a car would be comfortable on them. I may also try to do some camping in southern Illinois area as well.
probably see youaround, ill be playn around there in the summer. I'll be up in lake barkley next month.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
oskerb said:
Airmapper said:
probably see youaround, ill be playn around there in the summer.
Cool, feel free to say hi if you do. Any Escape catches my eye but I'll look extra hard at any dark red ones with nice rims. :beer:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,593 Posts
Atlanta in April. North Carolina in June. The Northeast (Upstate New York, Mass., Connecticut, etc.) in September timeframe.

Other than that, things are pretty boring in the Ramsey household.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Airmapper said:
oskerb said:
Airmapper said:
Cool, feel free to say hi if you do. Any Escape catches my eye but I'll look extra hard at any dark red ones with nice rims. :beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Camping in Bon Echo
Kayaking and biking in Lake Placid, Lake George and maybe Old Orchard Beach
Hockey (yes...spring/summer hockey) Niagara Falls, Ottawa and Montreal
Lot's of days trips here and there....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mostly sitting in the parking lot at my apartment complex. I just bought a 1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon to take over the daily commute and some of the out of town drives. I'm mostly going to use the Escape for the long hauls back home.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Either roaming around Minneapolis, MN; Ann Arbor, MI; or somewhere on the East Coast as a result of job placement. The last entry is where I hope to be

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Sitting in my driveway or the parking lot at work... :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
Norwalk, OH for the drag races
Mendon, OH for tabfest
I hope to go to some table tennis tournaments probably Dayton, OH, Newport, KY, maybe Southbend, IN or Indanapolis,IN
Lexington, OH for the IRL race and hopefully the motorcylce races... road courses rule
Of course I'll have to make it a few times to Chattanooga, OH for some deep fried pizza :drool:
I'm gona take my yearly trip to Texas to visit my sister, maybe I should drive this year

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
oskerb said:
Airmapper said:
oskerb said:
That sounds like a great time!!! I'm only a couple hours away from there (Jackson, TN) and might borrow a couple four wheelers and make the trip with my fiance (will be the wife in May). I'm not so sure how much she'll be into the whole "camping" thing though.

My Escape isn't going with us on our honeymoon, but we're making the trip to Grand Princess Riviera Resort in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico May 24-29. So ready for a break from deadlines, e-mails, and project after project at work. We may try to take the Escape down the Gulf Shores, Alabama for a couple weekends during the summer. Anybody been down there?

·
Registered
390 Posts
As often as possible, I hope to be in the middle of nowhere, mountains/ prairie grasslands, having a tailgater with my family and pooch.
Maybe tow the 240Z to a few drag events. Long road trips in the Z make my ears hurt :roll:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts