Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

which look

• black and white mirrors black handles

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • white mirrors white handles

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • black mirrors black handles

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • like the last picture best haha (black and white mirrors, black handles) same option twice but bette

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have to pay for the price of paint, so it hold be cheap just have to figure out the details and was wondering what color mirrors should i leave them black, leave the base black and paint the rest white, or all white

black and white mirrors black handles

white mirrors white handles

black mirrors black handles

I THINK MY FAVE IS THIS ONE (hope i can get mine to look colse to it)

ps all rights to whos evers car these are lol not mine and dont take any credit for them. just to cover me lol .
i have a thread very similar this one i included a poll tho thankx for voting :wave:

·
Registered
490 Posts
For sure monochrome -- all white. Don't even think of the last one. :bang:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
So far, so good. We are all on the same page. Keep the black and chrome at home.

·
Registered
490 Posts
jonas1022 said:
So far, so good. We are all on the same page. Keep the black and chrome at home.
...and the fake fender vents &/or portholes...Please!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
kkreit01 said:
For sure monochrome -- all white. Don't even think of the last one. :bang:
Totally agree! :thumb:

And sorry, but leave the front fender treatment in the trash bin it came from. For example...it drives me nuts to see the port holes made famous by Buick on S-10's, old Altimas, and Hummers. :bag:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Ford even got rid of it on 2009 Focuses... or is it Foci?

Most people had the same reaction.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Aww, I like the portholes. Only if they're factory, though. If it's part of the car's design, it's a cool car; if the owner stuck one on, it's a crazy owner.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fair enough lol love the replys. thought it didnt look bad. but yeah i would agree they look good on a different type of car more. bmw m3 lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
Squishy said:
Aww, I like the portholes. Only if they're factory, though. If it's part of the car's design, it's a cool car; if the owner stuck one on, it's a crazy owner.
Factory fine. Functional fine. Stuck on = FAIL! I really don't like them period, but I would still drive a car if it came with them (OEM). I see people sticking these everywhere. I've seen a new truck with port holes stuck on the tailgate (right in the middle) :wall: What!?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I think Buick IS the only manufacture with factory port holes. On the 2010 LaCrosse they move them from the fender to the hood.

Interesting move.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
They collect leaves better that way.

:doh:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
They aren't? :clap:

Look like gills to me, and that's like fish exhaust! :lol:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Now THESE are portholes. :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so we can all agree no on the port holes lol got it but hte whiteside moldin are a definite upgrade

·
Registered
13 Posts
Factory port holes are cool.
Port holes that have actually been bodyworked into the sheetmetal can also be pretty cool.

These dumbf*cks that get the stick on port holes at the gas station for $2.99 have no styling sense whatsoever.
Essentially, they are puffy stickers, just like I remember the girls having in 1981 when I was in elementary school.
Same goes for the "stick on hood vents", to give a ram air appearance. They are PUFFY STICKERS.
I see them on cars daily.... I don't know whether to laugh at their idiocy or feel sorry for them.

Just my heartfelt two cents.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts