Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey eveyone!

Well, i finally figured out what HU meant, and now here's the question.

I would like to get an HU unit, that does the following for my 2009 escape. (which is everything)

It should have
* Satilllite radio
*play dvd's and possibley also have an output so i can put a few more screens in the headrests if I want.
*GPS have turn by turn gps with voice...
*Some Kind of Blue tooth sync for my Iphone with voice command(Im wondering if there is a blue tooth unit out there that I can talk to for incoming calls etc like with "sync" (I dont have sync but was wondering if there was aftermarket similar type units)

I would like to be able to have the gps unit work while listening to the radio/cd/dvd.

Yup, AND.... a new faceplate with a double space for my HU so I dont have to cut 2009 all harnesses so I dont have to splice a million wires.... or figure out why somethings not working. Im hoping my current satillite radio antenna can be used for gps and radio?? or do I have use another antenna?

Who's got anything like this? or who makes one?

cheers.

b

·
Registered
679 Posts
pioneer, jvc and kenwood. I myself have a pioneer Avic F900BT navigation, bluetooth, dvd, sat radio and more.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I second the Pioneers, I have the F900BT as well, running 910x software, which helps a lot.

I've heard that the Kenwood eXcelon upper lines work even better, as long as you add the appropriate accessories. There is even a model that has a full-active processing ability in the head unit itself, which greatly helps.

Processing of the signal downstream also works (for SQ purposes), and might give more control in the end. Your mileage may vary, and your needs may vary from mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
visit crutchfield.com
they have several people that are waiting for your call just for this reason. their prices are not steals however they provide you with whatever you need to install it, i recommend using them!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a Pioneer AVHP4100 DVD in one vehicle & a Kenwood DDX6019 in another - both brands are good but the Kenwood's GPS system (an add on for mine but some are built in) is made by Garmin.

In all cases you will have video outputs for additional screens, inputs for rear view camera's, MP3's etc & if the HU doesn't have built in blue tooth you will be able to purchase a module to add it on.

I can also recommend the crutchfield website, even it's just to do research on which HU is best for you but their staff are very helpful & delivery of items is quick & painless. Often they're not the cheapest so, as ever, shop around.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pioneer AVIC, Kenwood, Alpine is premo with the Burr Brown DAC and high spec components = more $.

I just got the Pioneer AVIC x920bt, and I love it, have it running with JL C2 570's and the stock sub, let me tell you its the most potent 14 watts rms I've seen.

If you want to keep the SYNC you have to get the MS-FRD1 by PAC, and for the steering controls you need the PAC SWI interface which easily integrates with the FRD1 SYNC interface harness.

one thing from experience is don't waste your money on the Scoche bezel, go with the OEM nav bezel and get the Metra 95-5812 just for the trim ring to fill in the gap around the HU and factory nav bezel. It looks sharp especially if you have a Limited with the piano black.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For shopping purposes, go to crutchfield. They have a bazillion models to look through. They sell the accessories that you will want to add to any models that don't have everything you're looking for built in. The main thing to remember though, is that no matter what HU you get, you will have to do some splicing. I have yet to see a harness that plugs directly into your NEW HU and then right into your factory harness. I'm sure that if you look long and hard enough you might find one. But crutchfield has harnesses that minimize the headaches associated with figuring out which wire goes where. It plugs directly into your factory harness and then you follow their color coded 'splicing' instructions and voila! They also include a new bezel that will fit around your HU to make it blend into your vehicle as though it were professionally installed. You can even buy, what they call, a local installation voucher. Basically you purchase it with your order and then you take your car, voucher and new stereo to an authorized installer and thats even less that you have to worry about. Certainly shop through crutchfield, but as others have mentioned, you can find most everything they have cheaper elsewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts