Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Home built desktop with 80 gb hard drive, alot of other crap, plus a MAD DOG Multimedia DVD/CD player recorder. :)

HP vs15 monitor. :boring:
HP deskjet 4215 printer/fax/scanner/copier. :thumb:
El Cheapo Speakers (they were free! Free is good!) :thumb: :thumb:
ion usb Turntable.
HP Scanjet G3010 flatbed scanner. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
My current main laptop is an MDG brand, with Compal (not Compaq) as the ODM. This is my first computer without a parallel port, so my LaserJet IIP from 1989 is finally being retired.

Other laptops at home are HP, Compaq, Dell, Sony, Hitachi, and Toshiba. I think all but the Sony and Hitachi are ODMed by Compal, with the Sony being from Quanta. The Hitachi is too old to be able to tell, but it is also be best built and easiest to disassemble.

The desktops at home are all Frankenputers(TM), with parts from salvage PCs put together to make a working one. I'm running from a 90 MHz Pentium up to a Core 2 Duo P8400.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I have a Toshiba A105-S4374 laptop with 1.5 GB RAM and 120 GB hard drive running Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.

My wife has a Toshiba L355-S7812 laptop with 3 GB of RAM and 200 GB hard drive running Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.

We have a home built desktop with MSI P4N Diamond motherboard with 2 GB DDR-2 RAM and a 2.8 GHz Pentium D processor and nVidia 6800 graphics card. This system has 4 80 GB SATA hard drives for storage and an 19 inch Samsung monitor.

We also have a 24 inch iMac with 1.5 GB RAM running Leopard with Windows XP running in a separate partition using Boot Camp.

My work laptop is a Dell Latitude D 620 running Windows XP Professional Edition.

That was just the computers. We also have an HP Deskjet Pro K550 inkjet printer and an HP Deskjet Pro L7580 inkjet printer/scanner/fax, and a Brother HL5250 laser printer. All three of these are connected to our home network via ethernet. The broadband router we are using is a Linksys Business Class WRVS4400N Wireless-N Router.

That sums it up. :bust:

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have a dinky asus eeepc which is a great little tool but i'm currently using an older POS acer with a broken hinge so i have to hold up the screen - all 17" of it lol. not only that but my router is u/s so i'm not wireless :(

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Don't know, :shrug: it says " Dell" on it, but my cousin gave it us, just as well, since my eldest son has poured coffee down our home pc, and sent it to pc heaven :wall: :wall:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Upstairs is a crappy old (about 6 years) Hewlett Packard desktop. 1mb Ram, 80gb Hard Drive, CD burner. Slow as s**t.

That's why I usually use my Panasonic CF-29 Toughbook to post. Not technically mine as it's work issue, but I have sole use of it, and they don't mind me using it for personal use, as long as I don't try to access certain types of sites. (I think you all know the kind of stuff I'm talking about!) If I do, they'll sack me. :worry:

:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I have a home built minitower PC, about 4 years old now. Pentium 4 2.8 mHz, 1 Gig RAM, ATI 9800 XP Pro video card, dual 19" flatscreen monitors. It runs Windows XP Pro, pretty fast still. I may buy a PS3 sometime soon and attempt to put Linux on it...

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear toshiba have released the Qosmio lappy with an 18 inch monitor. :) Looked around in some ' Hardly Normal ' stores, but they didn't have any in stock.

' Hardly Normal ' is my interpretation of Harvey Norman. The expression is not original to me. I came across it on another forum. It appears that some people do not regard the ' Harvey Norman' shops as normal in their pricing. :) :lol: Actually my opinion is that they seem quite competitive in prices.

What is the term of endearment for ' WalMart ' over there? Can not recall if it was this site or that ' other place' where someone mentioned " WalFart". :) :lol: I like that.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Down here in the South, we call it Satan's Flea Market or the ******* Mall. Either choice is appropriate. :cuss:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Over here, Wal Mart took over ASDA, which goes by the name of ASBO in leeds (Anti social behaviour order), which must of its customers would appear to have been issued with by the legal system :lol:
Incidently, ASDA stand for Associated Dairies, which owned the store prior to the sellout

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got so many computers sitting around it's ridiculous :whistle:

1st Generation PowerMac G5: Dual 2 GHz, 5gb RAM, 2 Terabyte hard drives, OSX 10.5.5, 22in LCD
Home-built Pentium 4 2.6GHz, 2gb RAM, 2 500gb hard drives, Win XP SP3, 19in LCD
Dell Latitude D630 (Work) 2.5GHz Core2Duo, 2gb RAM, 80gb hard drive
Dell Latitude 110L Pentium M 1.7GHz, 512mb RAM, 40gb hard drive
Powerbook G3 400MHz, 768mb RAM, 60gb hard drive
Graphite PowerMac G4: Dual 450MHz, whatever parts I feel like putting in it :play:
Apple IIGS, 2mb external hard drive; still works perfectly :thumb:

That's the short list, there's also several older macs in the garage waiting for a purpose.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have that same problem, there's at least one in every room

Custom AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 140 GB HD, 17" Trinitron Display, Win Server 2003 Advanced
Custom AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 40 GB HD, 61" Samsung DLP Display, Win XP Pro (Media PC)
Custom AMD AthlonXP 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB HD(s), 21" Trinitron Display, Win XP Pro

Dell Latitude C600 PIII 750 MHz, 512 MB RAM, 30 GB HD, XGA Display, Win 2k Pro
Dell Latitude X200 PIII 900 MHz, 768 MB RAM, 40 GB HD, XGA Display, Win XP Pro
Dell Inspiron 8000 PIII 1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HD, UXGA Display, Win XP Pro
Dell Inspiron 8100 PIII 1.2 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 60 GB HD, UXGA+ Display, Win XP Pro
IBM 600X PIII 500 MHz, 256 MB RAM, 10 GB HD, XGA Display, Win 2k Pro
IBM T43 Centrino 2.0 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 60 GB HD, UXGA Display, Win XP Pro

Anyone need a laptop computer? :angel:

For the average end user, I typically recommend a Dell machine, over that of Sony, HP, Toshiba or e-machines... Their web order system describes everything in a manner that is easily understood by young and old alike.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I thank you good sir! I got it just over a year ago to replace my 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 600 when it was stolen 08/2007

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
SilverAthlon said:
Anyone need a laptop computer? :angel:
Nope, I don't. Already have 3 laptops and 2 desktops (1 iMac but it not portable) for 2 people. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Apple fan-boy since summer 1984 when I purchased the original 128k Macintosh. (Actually since 1983 when I first sat down in front of a Lisa computer and used the future… mouse + GUI that made everything else obsolete).

A lot of Macs since then (home & office) - currently using a Xeon-based, 8-core Mac Pro at work with 16GB RAM, OS X 10.6 + XP Pro (running via Parallels Desktop, though I look forward to retiring it since AutoCAD 2011 is now available for OS X)

Portable is a MacBook Air with Core 2 Duo (it too has XP if necessary), and on my home desk is a 27-inch iMac fully loaded. (Positioned right, and the glossy screen is absolutely gorgeous).

Of course, there is also the iPhone 3GS (should be handing it down to the wife when I upgrade to the iPhone 4) and multiple iPods, including the Touch. Still contemplating the iPad.

Steve Jobs - insanely great, or greatly insane? My stock portfolio definitely indicates the former.
:D

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Dell Optiplex 745, purchased as a refurbished/factory reject off eBay
Windows 7 Ultimate ($7 when I was still a student)
Two HDs: Seagate primary, WD back-up, 1.25GB total
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (add-on)
Intel Q6600 2.40Ghz (quadcore)
Antec Earthwatts power supply
Dell 2009W monitor

Also, a rarely-used but handy Dell Latitude D430. Second owner, bought off eBay for $600 over three years ago (market value @ purchase was $1,800)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts