Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at the pioneer avics for my escape. whats everyone's view on this? do i go with the avic f90bt...which is an in-dash model? or just get the avic f500bt which i just mount? both have the nav, handsfree bluetooth, ipod controller, voice recognition, which is the main components im after...besides the fact the f90bt can play dvds. but the 500 can via usb or off an sd card. ??? price difference is $400 by the time i buy another faceplate and wiring harness. just curious on everyones opinion?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
How often do you think you will really take it with you? And to be honest if you are that worried about getting something that you can take with you, you can pick up a nice mobile GPS unit for $100-$150 as opposed to $400 more.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would pretty much just stay in the escape and be used quite frequently. you can get the f500bt for 200-250. but the f90bt is more along the lines of 500-550 not counting the wiring harness or new installation kit and dash piece. i would prefer the f90bt...but the f500bt is alot more affordable. and can be put in either my truck or my escape. decisions decisions.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well then????? tell me

·
Registered
231 Posts
f90bt is the pioneer premier with 2 year warranty
f900bt is the pioneer with 1 year warranty

i'd suggest getting the f900bt and switching pin locations on the wire harness to have video in motion. after having installed an indash dvd, i'll never own a radio that is anything less.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the f90bt comes w/ the ipod cable. the f900bt you have to buy. but the price difference is what it costs to get the cable. so your right...they are the same except the warranty and one coming with the cable. i really want the in-dash...its just the price tag. but im gonna save and get it. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts