Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna try the new site and images, so this is what I am currently working on.

2000 Expedition, AWD/4WD 5.4 with 3.55 gears. 175,000 miles. Was my parents vehicle since 2001, they don't drive it any more so it sits taking up space (500 miles on new tires from May 2019). It is being gifted/given to my daughter. It is a 9 passenger configuration, and generally gets 14 mpg (at best). While not a practical vehicle for a 20something, she does live where it snows, and she does want to go out and do some adventuring. So for the occasional camping trip (6300 towing capacity, 4000 from the bumper), and in case winter happens and the roads aren't clear, should be a fun second/weekend vehicle.

It lived on a dirt road, so it had a serious amount of dirt and sand under it. Lots of scratches from going through the brush. Vacuumed it, washed it, used a scratch removal polish, waxed it, flushed the undercarriage.

Trying to code up a module to pretend to be the CD changer to add bluetooth to the OEM radio, but I have an aftermarket one I can toss in.

Since it won't be in my possession or close, I am catching it all up on maintenance. Spark Plugs (last documented at 70k, but I am sure they have been done again), fuel pump (most of my vehicles this era seem to get to around 200,000), transmission fluid/filter.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Inline image from flickr...

This is the third row removed, and second row folded down.

It is so close to allowing 4x8 sheets of plywood, but you have to stick them out the tailgate with the glass open.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
So, is the 14 mpg going downhill with a strong tailwind??

·
Registered
387 Posts
I owned two different Expeditions a 99' and an 08', (both 4 X 4 with the 4.6 V-8). Towed 3800 lbs of boat for 4 years with the one.
Really miss them as you can do so much with them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That Expedition looks it is well taken cared of. For a 20+ year old vehicle it is still in top shape. Is it garage kept, bangster?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts