Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Labor Day!!! Hope everyone is enjoying a day off!! What are your plans??

I'm off and we'll probably do house stuff.....buy some window treatments for master bedroom, buy a new doorbell, look for bookcases for living room, etc.

Supposed to grill steaks tonight but we might just go to a steak place instead.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
That sounds like fun, Dasha. I hope that you enjoy your day of shopping and decorating. :)

No major plans here. Gonna do a little work around the house and then just chill. My husband is starting an outage with the company he works for this evening. So he will be leaving around 5pm and doing the night shift thing for a few weeks. This outage is at a power plant that is out of town but close enough to drive back and forth depending on the amount of hours he has to work each night. So he will either get a hotel room or drive home. He sure does not need to be driving home if he has to work a long shift.

I hope that everyone enjoys the day, and for those travelling, I hope that you have a safe trip home. :heart:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,597 Posts
Got our major project out of the way already. Wifey and I went and got our cell phones transferred to our new address.

Sitting here comtemplating napping. God I love retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
We've been taking care of sick kids since last Mon. Our oldest daughter (8) had strep last week. Now our little one (4) does.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Chillax'n at the house with the wife watching movies and just enjoying ourselves.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
kkreit01 said:
We've been taking care of sick kids since last Mon. Our oldest daughter (8) had strep last week. Now our little one (4) does.
Sorry to hear ! Taking care of sick kids is not easy. I hope that your youngest gets better soon and you and your wife manage to remain healthy. Hang in there ! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
As little as possible, messed around with the Rcs with my oldest son. Got some steaks ready for the grill, and watching some movies with the wife. Didn't even close up the pool this weekend.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Today I did absolutely, positively nothing all day.... And it was all I hoped it could be :thumb:

It's 17h30 and I'm still in my bathrobe... ohhh yeah!

Pat

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^That's awesome! :thumb: It's nice to have those kindof days. :yes:

Found the perfect window treatments for master bedroom ...and on sale! :yahoo:

Gonna have grilled steak & onions, loaded baked potatoes, spinach dip, and sangria tonight.

Hope your kiddos feel better soon, kkreit01! :heart:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh darn......forgot dessert! :D

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I spent the day with my cousins. Went to the movies and saw Extract. One cousin liked it... the other wanted to walk out half way through. I thought the best part of the movie was when we got to throw popcorn at the guy who fell asleep a row back and a few seats over. He was snoring so loud a few people got up and moved. :hyst:

After the movie we played some miniature golf. I hadn't done that in years and it was fun. Then we went to Applebees and had dinner. Finally, I dropped my one cousin off at her apt in NYC. I went in for a little while and played with her little Jack Russel Terrier. All-in-all it was a very good day :thumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Spent the long w/e up at our cabin at the lake.
Finished the 12x16 cedar deck, clearing up the front and hanging some blinds in the bedroom.
Also managed to grill some nice steaks and enjoy some fine homemade cabsav wine. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Yesterday I went to a pool party/ BBQ, ate and drank too much, swam too much, got too much sunburn and probebly watched the girls in bikinis too much (too much for their tastes anyways, not mine). :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Worked out.....

NOT! ;-|

:hyst: :hyst:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Thanks! I miss being here. I'm in OKC for some training and introductionto some new compter system the FAA in fielding in it's Centers. I borrow a laptop at my apartment complex when I can. I have night/evening classes, so it's going to workout time in a couple minutes. Getting up for the "free breakfast" us a pain, but oh well.... :D :D

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Thanks! I miss being here. I'm in OKC for some training and introductionto some new compter system the FAA in fielding in it's Centers. I borrow a laptop at my apartment complex when I can. I have night/evening classes, so it's going to workout time in a couple minutes. Getting up for the "free breakfast" us a pain, but oh well.... :D :D
Oh, okay. I was wondering where you were. How long will you be on the road?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
This is week two of three weeks...

Seems like forever. Fortunately I am close enough to home that I can commute on the weekend. Not everyone is so fortunate. :yes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts