Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Why do bad things happen to decent/good people?

355 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tang 
#1 ·
I found my car today with a shattered left side-view mirror. There are also light scratches above the wheel well... and there wasn't an apology note. You'd think someone driving with enough force to send a mirror bending back that far (think completely the wrong way) would have the sense to stop and at least do something, especially with the fact that they drove alongside my car! So angry! :censor: :cuss: Have to file a police report on Monday since Minneapolis doesn't take parking-related accidents on weekends, but fortunately, I scored a pair of brand new side-view mirrors for my Escape off eBay for $60 shipped two weeks ago, which will probably save me $150.

#4 ·
THATS SUCKS!!!!!! Sorry to hear that. :cuss:

#5 ·
Big time bummer!! I'd be soooo pissed!! Sorry to hear!!!

#9 ·
Only some of the scratches, but even at that, barely. I'm going in on Tuesday to have them look at it. The scratches seem to be limited to the paint :thumb: and having the spare mirrors is going to save more money than I think (two new mirrors off eBay, OEM: $61 shipped... one new mirror from the dealership... :bang: )

#10 ·
ophiruchus said:
Only some of the scratches, but even at that, barely. I'm going in on Tuesday to have them look at it. The scratches seem to be limited to the paint :thumb: and having the spare mirrors is going to save more money than I think (two new mirrors off eBay, OEM: $61 shipped... one new mirror from the dealership... :bang: )
My heart goes out to you....seriously. I also collect low mile cars and I have created very very very minor "self induced" damage :wall: to various cars over the years trying to make them perfect and I would always want to kick myself in the a$$. I think you will be ok and it will be much better once they buff it out.

#11 ·
Tang, I am so sorry this happened to you ! I know that you have to be sick over this and my heart goes out to you. :heart:

What comes around goes around and whoever did this will get theirs, but I know that is not much comfort to you.

I hope that a professional detailer can get her looking good again for you. Please keep us posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.