Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sis in law just had to have a truck, so she traded in her Edge for a F-150, but not just any F-150, she had to go Platinium! a $50k+ vehicle (got it down to like $35).

Anyway it's got heated/cooled front AND rear seats, plus a bunch of crap the newer Escapes have, Sync, ambient lighting, etc.

Why isn't the Mercury version more 'Luxiorious' then the Escape? I mean they could add cooled seats, power lift gate, rear DVD, etc, charge more for it of course.

Just wondering why the 2 are so similar.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Good question! I would imagine that Ford wouldn't see a $35K Mariner selling as well as a $50K F-150, but then again you never know until you try it. I once went into a Toyota dealer to look at a Matrix, the sportiest model was maybe $22K, they had a base model with $10K worth of aftermarket mods added to it- wheels and tires, stereo/nav, body kits. I wonder what it went out the door for....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or even some features I lost going from my Freestar (a minivan) like memory seats & adjustable pedals. Just more than a grill to seperate the Scape & Mariner...

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I Love my Scape however you've got to ad the Mods. you like to really make it yours. You can buy a Deluxe pkg. but it still isn't the same till you have things on it to make it Yours :shades:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm thinking mebbe a kegerator in the back..and a sauna. :hyst:

·
Registered
67 Posts
08HybridOK said:
Why isn't the Mercury version more 'Luxiorious' then the Escape?
I wondered about the same thing when I bought my Mariner - the bill of sale calls it a "Luxury Compact SUV", but with manually-adjusted cloth seats, no auto lamps and no heated seats or sideview mirrors, I really don't know what's so "luxurious" about it. :confused:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Creaky said:
08HybridOK said:
I wondered about the same thing when I bought my Mariner - the bill of sale calls it a "Luxury Compact SUV", but with manually-adjusted cloth seats, no auto lamps and no heated seats or sideview mirrors, I really don't know what's so "luxurious" about it. :confused:
Really? Even my Escape is Heated Leather, pwr drivers seat, heated mirrors, & auto lamps.

Cooled & memory seats, adj pedals would be some nicies. I think Adj pedals should be included on every model, just a safety feature, so one can sit the req'd distance from the steering wheel/air bag!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
I Love my Scape however you've got to ad the Mods. you like to really make it yours. You can buy a Deluxe pkg. but it still isn't the same till you have things on it to make it Yours :shades:
X2

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Creaky said:
08HybridOK said:
You had to get the Premier Edition to get all that.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Survey Says:

The targeted audience didn't respond positively to all the gadgets on the Mariner offering with the increased price. If the market was there for a over the top luxury SUV, I am sure Ford would be more than happy to provide it. If the management can not make the business case for such a SUV, the company is not going to try and market one.

We don't have a "true Luxury SUV" offered, therefore I doubt that the business case could support it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts