Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the wheels on a Ranger or Explorer will fit the Escape?

Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
As far as the bolt pattern, they will fit. However, the offsets are different since they are rear wheel drive. I'm not sure by how much. Hopefully, someone can chime in on that one.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
There's another thread on this. Yes they do fit. The tires will rub the fender lips if you bounce around too much, like doing some offroading. Street wise, you should be okay. I only know that a supervisor had some he got used on his Escape. I think it was an 07. The wheels were 10 hole chromes, I think 16 inchers with a standard offset. Not for sure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am looking to replace the factory 16's on my 2010, but cannot find anything aftermarket that really peaks my interest. I thought I would look at some stock Ford rims and see what I could find.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sterling10 said:
Thanks for the replies. I am looking to replace the factory 16's on my 2010, but cannot find anything aftermarket that really peaks my interest. I thought I would look at some stock Ford rims and see what I could find.
There should be plenty of aftermarket wheels to choose from 5x114.3 +40 offset is a pretty standard wheel. Only problem is its usually for AWD and FWD cars, and typcially of the asian influence. Therefore usually tuner wheels which won't look good on an Escape. The 02 and newer body style Explorer wheels should fit no problem. They are the same bolt pattern and offset.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the 17" machined aluminum wheels off the Explorer when my tires run their time (which apparently could be a while?)... the 16"s just look itty-bitty

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I am coming across some websites that tell me that the current Explorer and Escape share similar wheel offsets. This seems weird, but I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Tang said:
I am coming across some websites that tell me that the current Explorer and Escape share similar wheel offsets. This seems weird, but I'm not complaining.
The Explorer is a true 4WD SUV which has always had a high offset wheel. Most 4WD's do. Escapes are no different.

I myself personally would like some 2009 18" Ford Fusion wheels, but don't want to have to purchase the tires to go on them. $$$$

These wheels

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
There's a guy on this forum who put Edge 18"s (basically the same design as the Fusion 18"s) on his car. They look neat. Forgot what his usename was though. Search up Edge wheels and I'm sure you'll find the pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts