Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this product is easy to apply and whatnot, but it's a P.I.T.A. to remove/wipe clean for a streak-free finish. I find I have to spray and wipe it, then wipe the window with a clean, dry, microfiber buffing cloth, and repeat the process 2-3 times to get the results I want...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
IMO, Windex is a PITA in any form...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
best thing to clean your glass, use windshield washer fluid and newspaper. dont ask me the chemical reasons as to why it works, but it cleans them amazingly.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
In our house, the newspaper is an occassionally used periodical. :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was so dissapointed in the outcome of my "Window Cleaning", that I threw out the still 3/4 full bottle this morning. I have oily/dirty swirl marks all over the windshield, and I'm tempted to try something else, and then Rain-X the glass.

Usually, we have awesome results with Windex and other SC Johnson products, but this is one of the only ones that's let me down.

Stick to Stoner Invisible Glass Ian.

L8tz

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
When I wash the car by hand in the driveway. I dry it using a terry cloth towel. That damp towel makes a wonderfully effective window cleaner and seldom leaves any streaks or other residue. :thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
The terry cloth towel is a handy tip. Thanks for that Jonas1022. :) :thumb: Thee seems to be percolating quite well. It appears we shall soon be, congratulating you on reaching the next level. What's going on? Is it a bird or a plane? He's faster than a silver bullet or a speeding train. A brief drum solo, with a very short trumpet fanfare is heard at the intro. :thumb: :lol: :lol: :clap:

It's SUPER Jonas1022! Hope you don't mind Jonas. I mean it in a kind way. :) :happy:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree, Windex and similar products are awful. I've been using "Invisible Glass" by Stoner for several years and I think it's great. No streaking or haze and it seems to almost polish the glass. I've only used the aerosol cans but it's now available in pump spray and towels. It seems like it's pretty widely disbributed now at auto parts and big box stores.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
i had this aerosol commercial glass cleaner that worked great but I ran out, boooo. yea windex seems to almost bead up on my glass and streaks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No,no,no: use Windex if you have a small laceration, or use it as a disinfectant (my big Greek wedding - I think?) :lol:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Stoner IG or Sprayway. I use Stoner for auto interior -- and wipe with MF glass cloth (or old T-shirt). Sprayway is my go-to glass/mirror cleaner for in the house.

I use Duragloss Rain Repel for exterior auto. It's great.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I have been using Stoners Invisible Glass ever since PK recommended it. Thank you, PK ! :) I also wipe it off with newspaper like CNB and Stone and agree that it produces a streak free shine every time. ! :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may also concider the Rain-X glass cleaner previously reviewed. It cleans the glass well and also adds the Rain-X coating in the same step. Then I would also suggest the Rain-X windshield washer to keep the Rain-X coating without having to apply it all the time.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sprayway is awesome, I use it on everything (house windows, car windows, tvs, etc.) and it doesn't streak at all. You can buy it at Sam's Club.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
stone said:
The terry cloth towel is a handy tip. Thanks for that Jonas1022. :) :thumb: Thee seems to be percolating quite well. It appears we shall soon be, congratulating you on reaching the next level. What's going on? Is it a bird or a plane? He's faster than a silver bullet or a speeding train. A brief drum solo, with a very short trumpet fanfare is heard at the intro. :thumb: :lol: :lol: :clap:

It's SUPER Jonas1022! Hope you don't mind Jonas. I mean it in a kind way. :) :happy:
I'm not really sure :shrug: , you've got me looking at the Level number. I think I have to do 8000 posts before it goes to the next level. Maybe this time next month? IDK :doh: . No biggie. But thanks for giving some recognition to me! I am having to much fun reading what folks are doing with their E/M/T/Mavericks..... and reply posting to look at the counter. ;)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Try using vinegar and water, but use coffee filters to wipe it clean, no lint, no streaks, :rockon: SORRY FOR DIGGIN UP OLD POST, but this really works

·
Registered
312 Posts
I also have been using Stoner Invisible Glass for years and love it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
a lot of the cleaning ability lies in the product you are using to wipe with... obviously you wouldnt use toilet tissue to clean glass..but some uncommon mistakes are terry cloth.. some (especially new ones) have an almost water repellent quality from the dye..and paper towels..which leave AWESOME LINT! the best i have found is old used undershirts (white..laundered of course) and newspaper/coffee filters..but the latter are not as durable.

and for the cleaning solution.. an old high rise window washer told me they use a few drops of regular dish soap (not the moisturizing kind) and water.. thats it..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts