Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so today driving at night i noticed that my window buttons and lock buttons dont really light up. The top left one does but none other do. I though this was wierd cause i thought when i bought the car they all lite up. Is it possible the light blew. Any help would be great. Or am i just stupid and they never did light up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well the window lock button doesn't light up at all. If you are talking about the passenger buttons not lighting up then make sure the window lock isn't on as they turn off when they are locked out.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
kflakes15 said:
The top left one does but none other do
My '02 is lit the way you described... only the top left.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so maybe the top left is only suppose to light up. But this doesnt make any sence cause u cant see any of the other buttons. It just deosnt seem right. Would it be possible to put lights in the other switches. I know they will be led and i have see the mods done on the site but what year was that escpae

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
kflakes15 said:
ok so maybe the top left is only suppose to light up. But this doesnt make any sence cause u cant see any of the other buttons. It just deosnt seem right. Would it be possible to put lights in the other switches. I know they will be led and i have see the mods done on the site but what year was that escpae
On my 2004 V6 all the buttons are lit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks Ean. Since the 2004 has all of them light up i feel my 2001 should as well. Maybe i will pop off that panel and check out the lights. If there are lights there then obviously they are burnt out lol

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
You could probably do a window control swap. I doubt the connectors are significantly different...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Tang said:
You could probably do a window control swap. I doubt the connectors are significantly different...
Might have to try, Im sure they're not, I have to replace my window motors, so while I have the door panels off, might as well do it

·
Registered
288 Posts
While we're on the subject, I have a question concerning the power locks. On my old '98 Windstar, if I put the vehicle in drive or reverse, all the doorlocks would engage, locking all doors. Is there such a feature on the Escape?

·
Registered
168 Posts
And on my 2001.. the top right...

Of course with mine being RH drive...that would be the same as your top left. :)

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
With you being upside down and all "down-under", wouldn't that be our bottom left? :D :peace:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts