Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something inside my window snapped over the weekend and I think it is the clips that hold the window to the track. It is my back right window, I can still hear the motor turn inside but the window stays down. Anyone had this problem?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
You're from Shoreview!

Does pulling the window all the way up product any window at all? I wonder if you can hear glass fragments bouncing around the inside of the door when driving around.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Sorry, no help from me. IDK. :shrug:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Only one way to find out what's happening in there....open 'er up. You need to check the track and the guides. You might consider removing the inner panels of both doors, so you can compare one window that's working to one that's not working. Probably not what you want to hear, but sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
294 Posts
yep open her up but remember to disconnect the negative battery cable before u do (disables Airbags)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I think im gonna let the duct tape do its job for now and ill open it up when i go home from college for Thanksgiving. Why do you have to disconnect the battery? There isnt an airbag in the back door is there?

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I think it''s because there are airbag sensors in the door that could be tripped by pulling the panel. I could be wrong though... just a guess.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
Probably has the sensors so if you get hit on the side it will know to deploy the air bags just in case.
exactly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pulled the panel off but never disconnected the battery, no problems there. I found lots of broken plastic in the bottom of the door and i think I will havto buy the whole new track and possibly motor only because they sell them together.

Ryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts