Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Escape and the other day at night I noticed that my rear right window button light was out. Then last night I noticed that the passenger window light button and both rear door light button lights were out. I also think the window lock button is light up too and thats not working and your button to turn the lights on and off or to auto, im sure that the middle of that button lights up and thats not working. Very odd that all of these went at once. Im wondering is there a fuse? id think if a fuse went all the lights window button lights would be out. Im a little worried that all went at the same time. My truck is still under warranty how ever again im worried. Iam pretty impressed with my escape this far and the lack of problems I have had until this.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I believe that when the window lock is turned on, the individual light switches on all doors (except the driver's door) will turn off. If you turn the window lock off, I bet the lights will come back on.

Also AFAIK, the window lock button itself does not light up. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly. It's the window lock button.

Also, for reasons known only to Ford, the window lock button itself is never lighted on any Ford with that power window module.

That doesn't mean it CAN'T be lighted, though. I added two LEDs and a resistor to do just that on my Edge and Fusion, and I'm doing it soon on my Escape.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Must be one of those cost cutting measures that I have heard about. :angel: :roll:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Actually, the inside of those modules have LED holders, but the circuit board had no pads for the LEDs. Fortunately, there's a large ground pad on that part of the board, so it didn't take much to etch away small parts of the board to make my own pads.

:D

So it's not really cost cutting, IMHO. And it's not Ford's fault, since the buttons are made by Eaton. I think the circuit board committee didn't know that the button committee had molded clear icons in the buttons.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Jpark I would love to see how to add the LEDs to the window lock button. Also the door mirror control doesn't light up can that be modified too? :)P

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to check this out. How ever that still doesn't explain why on my drivers control why my rear passenger right side button isn't light anymore other then the LED is out I guess.

Also isn't the control knob for the lights light up? I mean on the knob it self where it shows your selction there is a white line on it and im sure that is lit :confused: up.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
LEDs don't burn out, so there must be some other problem, and that might also be why your light switch isn't lighted.

Check your fuses, too.

ajc6882 said:
Jpark I would love to see how to add the LEDs to the window lock button. Also the door mirror control doesn't light up can that be modified too? :)P
The 2007 and earlier models use a different window control module. I thought that the lock switch in those models was already lighted.

And no, the mirror control can't be lighted. I actually took one apart, and I couldn't see a non-barn-job way of lighting even the area around the joystick.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The window switches on all the doors light up. The unlock and lock buttons light up. But the window lock button doesn't light up. Kinda weird they would illuminate the whole module except for the window lock buttons. :wall:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well was at my dealer today for a service and they are ordering me in a new window switch unit. I did check with window lock as I never noticed that but wow you lock it and it turns out the lights on the other window switches as was mentioned.

well thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts