Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly. It's the window lock button.

Also, for reasons known only to Ford, the window lock button itself is never lighted on any Ford with that power window module.

That doesn't mean it CAN'T be lighted, though. I added two LEDs and a resistor to do just that on my Edge and Fusion, and I'm doing it soon on my Escape.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Actually, the inside of those modules have LED holders, but the circuit board had no pads for the LEDs. Fortunately, there's a large ground pad on that part of the board, so it didn't take much to etch away small parts of the board to make my own pads.

:D

So it's not really cost cutting, IMHO. And it's not Ford's fault, since the buttons are made by Eaton. I think the circuit board committee didn't know that the button committee had molded clear icons in the buttons.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
LEDs don't burn out, so there must be some other problem, and that might also be why your light switch isn't lighted.

Check your fuses, too.

ajc6882 said:
Jpark I would love to see how to add the LEDs to the window lock button. Also the door mirror control doesn't light up can that be modified too? :)P
The 2007 and earlier models use a different window control module. I thought that the lock switch in those models was already lighted.

And no, the mirror control can't be lighted. I actually took one apart, and I couldn't see a non-barn-job way of lighting even the area around the joystick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts