Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. This looks like a good category as I am not 'mod'ing anything.

I want to ask about the power windows. I just got the '08 mariner back from the Li Mercury dealer.
Twice already it had to be taken in for a horrible squeak in the driver's side window. The guy claims it's Dirt in the track from the outside. Sure sounds like a 'load' of crap to me. And it had a foul smell of PB blaster. Any thoughts, concerns?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The window tracks on my Escape are terrible. When it's cold out, I get a terrible squeak when the windows are rolled up or down. I also get a rattling noise if the window is not all the way up or down. It's annoying but I've gotten used to it. Neat the end of my warranty I had the dealer look at it and lube them. It helped some but came back the next winter. I tried to have a different mechanic check it out. He lubed them too but did a terrible job. It didn't help that time, it just made a mess on my windows...

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
My drivers side window had a squeak.
The service tech eliminated it, by cleaning out the track.
Glass track was full of gunk.

Squeak has not returned.
In context of Rob's window rattle, i have the same dilemma.
Fortunately it is not, a severe rattle as in loud.
Also the aforementioned is not continuous.

Basically it happens intermittently.
I can hear but it is subdued.
Noticeable, but not enough to be annoying.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ours, it's worse when it's cold out. She went to driver it this early morning. Would were ear periceing.

I can get this done at any F-LM dealer, correct?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke with my sales man. He claims to have read the TSB I provided and will be ordering new seals.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
That's what my windows sound like when it gets cold. Been that way since I purchased it... :wacko: :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts