Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea whether you could transplant the window switch module from a Lincoln MKZ (for example) (they have the double auto up-down feature for the front windows) into a different vehicle? The plugs look a little different... :cry:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Strange that there are two different sets. I really like the auto-up and -down features... it'd be cool to do a transplant of sorts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well never say never, I'm sure it could be done, but I think it would involve having to create additional circuits, adding relays and fiddling with a smart junction box or some type of body module. I think it would require some engineering. I admit it's a handy feature (and that's probably why they're on Lincolns), but some people have told me that there is a small flaw in the auto up feature where if someone were to try to say carjack or try to gain entry by force while the windows were being auto powered up, due to the pinch protection it'll reverse the motor and go back down unless you press and hold the button. Never thought of that. Our chances of that happening are pretty slim, but that's some food for thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts