Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. New to the forum. Just got a 08' xlt v6 4x4 and i'm just starting with my mods. I'm looking at in channel window vents any suggestions, pros, cons ??? Also I'm waiting to install my piaa extreme white replacement bulbs. Any feedback on upgrade fog lamp bulbs or replacements???

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
always_grining said:
hey everyone. New to the forum. Just got a 08' xlt v6 4x4 and i'm just starting with my mods. I'm looking at in channel window vents any suggestions, pros, cons ??? Also I'm waiting to install my piaa extreme white replacement bulbs. Any feedback on upgrade fog lamp bulbs or replacements???
I'm afraid with the in-channel vents, the cons far outweigh the pro's.
Only pro I can think of (& the reason I went w/ the in-channel on the wifes' Escape) they look a little nicer/ cleaner.
Cons- sometimes your window will not fully go up into the channel.
Sometimes your windows will not want to go down as they get pinched between the weather strip & vent visor.
There's alot of squeaking and chattering as the glass and plastic rub together in the channel. Especially going over a bumpy road and when it's cold out.
I pretty much fixed it all by sanding the plastic thinner and putting vasoline on the plastic in the channel.
I bought my Escape last fall & it already had the Ford factory vent visor on it. Which is exactly what I would have put on it.
The ones on my wifes' is my 1st and last in channel set I will ever buy. They are just too much of a pita and put too much unnecessary strain on the power window mechanism.
And really, I should have known better. Your window, as with any other make or model car is designed to have a tight weatherproof fit between the glass and the weatherstripping. It is not designed to have anything else wedged up in there or your asking for trouble.
-Just my .02 I'm sure you'll get various responses from others, my in-channels are the actual Vent Visor brand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to thank all who replied. After much thought and research I went with the factory ford vents. These seemed the most logical choice for me at my location with the range of temps and weather we experiance here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.