Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving on the highway yesterday coming home from work my windshield got hit by a little stone, creating a star-shaped chip on my passenger's side. As I drive upwards of 60 miles a day to and from work, should I just get this chip repaired or should I replace the windshield under an insurance claim? Anyone have experience with repaired chips? Are they just as good as new? Normally, I would not hesitate to get my windshield replaced, but, under the circumstances where I am driving 60 miles a day (mostly highway), I am worried that as soon as I get it replaced something else will hit it :doh:

What would you do? :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
If it's in the middle of the windshield, I'd just ignore it. NOT! Have it repaired. As long as it's not in your sight line, and away from the edges of the glass, it should be fine with a repair. Just what I would do. Suit yourself, it's your machine.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gone the repair route. too risky with a 60+ mile a day commute...

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I have had good luck with getting the repair. Besides your insurance should pick up the cost of the repair. Otherwise, you have to pay out your deductible (if applicable) and the insurance picks up the rest.
:shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts