Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my windshield replaced and, being that it is still around 40 degrees during the day and 20-30 at night here in New England, is it safe to get my windshield replaced in this weather/temperature?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Since the adhesives used to bond the windshield and make it water tight settle and cure best in warmer temps I'm sure they do that sort of thing indoors during cold temps. If not you would not get good bonding and leakage. I would bet the same guys that do that work have the facilities to handle it or heat up your garage and invite them over. Over the years I have replaced my own windshield to save a buck, but all it takes is one mistake to make it unattractive.

I get new winshields installed for about $200 and they warranty the work. I have had one crack a month later and they replaced it for free. Well worth the few extra bucks!!!! :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My windshield was replaced last week and I noticed a few days afterwards that I can see a little bit of the urethane adhesive inside the car around the edge of the windshield. Is this normal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts