Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home last weekend I apparently ran out of washer fluid, but I never got a warning about it. I thought there was an idiot light or a system message for low washer fluid. Am I incorrect? Has this happened to anyone else? Was there possibly another factor involved (ie cold temps)?

Also when I got home I added more than half of a bottle of washer fluid to what I thought was a half-gallon reservoir. I'm pretty sure the bottle is a full gallon so I'm a little confused on that count too.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Warning light... (?) Not to my knowledge. As far a usage. If I use the rear, it'll really go through it and it will also hold close to a gallon of washer fluid. :yes:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I don't have a low window washer fluid warning light in the escape. The engine bonnet is opened, and i check my water bottle visually. :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You want a what? :confused:

Another idiot light? :rant:

Hmmm. :doh:

Personally, I tamp out all the little rascals that I can! Otherwise, what Stone said. :angel:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swear I saw one in the manual, I'll have to check it again. Regardless when I'm under the hood I can't see the reservoir, I can only see the fill cap. Also the book says that it holds 2.7 quarts and a bottle of washer fluid is 1 gallon (4 quarts) so I'm still confused as to how I put a whole bottle in and didn't over fill it.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I don't see a sensor for it in the wiring diagrams, and there's no mention of a low-washer-fluid warning in the PDF manuals that I have.

:shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
AAAhhhh!!! I am feeling better already. Just knowing that there isn't another idiots' light on the dash! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts